TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

embty but need help. - January 22nd 2016, 07:01 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I love the feeling I have right now. Hunger pains and stomach growling and the feeling of the stomach eating itself. I love it I really do. But I want recovery I don't want to get into this cycle again. It's almost noon and I haven't consumed any calories since about 6 o'clock last night. I am so afraid of eating today because I ate too much last night. I ate soup and a bagel dog the whole day. I just I am fed up with this eating disorder. I fear that if I eat I am going to purge. Because I don't want to feel full. I just don't know what to do. Any advice would be great.

Edit: I ate but I'm still starving and I'm afraid when we go to olive garden I'm going to eat so much and purge.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

Last edited by _Headphones_; January 22nd 2016 at 09:23 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: embty but need help. - January 23rd 2016, 06:26 PM

Hey sweet.

Sorry you're still struggling so much. I'm glad you've come to us here. I don't have a lot to offer but wanted to show you my support.

Eating is okay. Food is a right, not a privilege. You deserve to eat. And I'm not lying. Have you thought about planning your meals and snacks? Maybe this way you'll stick to eating healthily and avoid starving or binging. Also have you tried to write a list of reasons not to purge? There are so many reasons not to and having them there in front of you might be really helpful so that when you have the urges, you can look at it and remind yourself why not to do it.

I know this is really tough for you but honestly, you are so much stronger than this is and I really believe in you. You said yourself you don't want to fall back into our eating disorder so don't let yourself. Take control and fight it with all the help you can possibly get. Because you are not alone on this and we're here by your side fighting with you.

Hopes and wishes,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: embty but need help. - January 23rd 2016, 07:50 PM

Thank you Jessie. I ended up eating and not purging and so far today I haven't purge either so I'm really working on it. I was going to message you yesterday but didn't want to bother you.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: embty but need help. - January 23rd 2016, 08:11 PM

Hey floss.

I'm so proud of you for doing so well and I hope you recognise you've done well and are proud of yourself too. Maybe you could treat yourself by watching a movie tonight or doing something nice tomorrow? You could have messaged me and you still can if you want too. You wouldn't be nothing me at all. I'll do all I can to help you and you don't deserve to go though this alone.

Stay safe,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread