TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hawkshadow1 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,382, Level: 9 Points: 4,382, Level: 9 Points: 4,382, Level: 9

I can't take having depression anymore - February 17th 2016, 04:00 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've had deppresion for about 2 years now, and I just want it to end. Every day it just gets worse, and worse. I really want help but I'm to scared to tell someone I know that I'm depressed, what should I do?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I've been here a while

Name: Calaer

Points: 20,292, Level: 20 Points: 20,292, Level: 20 Points: 20,292, Level: 20

Re: I can't take having depression anymore - February 17th 2016, 04:13 PM

Hey there. I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I personally know how hard depression can be on someone, and I want you to know that you aren't alone. I was diagnosed with depression and social anxiety since I was 7-8 years old, and I've battled it my entire life.

Know that telling someone isn't a sign of weakness, and that things can only get better from there. I would start out by telling your parent or a trusted adult that you think you're suffering from depression, and tell them why you think that. Explain to them that it's starting to be too much to bear, and that you truly want to seek help and treatment for it.

While things like this can be scary, know that you have people who love you and care for you. They only want to see what's best for you. Getting help is only half the battle. Just know that you have to stay strong. There are people here on TH, including myself, who will always be here to chat if you need to get some things off your chest.

Keep your head high! I truly hope this has helped. If you need anything, remember I'm just a message away. Take care.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: I can't take having depression anymore - February 17th 2016, 10:52 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for coming to us here at Teenhelp. I know reaching out can be hard but I think you've done great in doing so. Be proud of yourself for it. I for sure think it's the first step into recovery.

Honestly? Talk to someone if that's what you want to do. People can help and support you through this but only if they know what's going on for you. Speaking to someone like a friend, a family member a teacher can be really helpful but also speaking to someone like a doctor, counsellor, therapist etc can be beneficial too. Maybe have a good think of who you have options to talk to with and then decide how to talk to them. Whether you sit them down and tell them, book an appointment with someone, write to someone to let them know what's going on etc. Just remember that people care about you and your life and want to help you to start to feel better and want to support you through all of this. But you have to be totally honest with them in order for the, to do so.and remember that we're always here for you to talk too as well. We're not going any where so feel free to come and chat with us whenever you need too and also if you feel you're at risk, can you call a crisis team, a helpline or emergency services for urgent help? Just a quick thought. If you feel you're going to seriously hurt yourself in anyway, give it a good think first. Stop and pause.

I k ow this is hard and it feels like it's never going to go away, but nothing lasts forever and neither will this so as hard as it is, I want to encourage you to keep on fighting through because you seem like a lovely person and you deserve a life, a future and you deserve to experience it. I want to see you live your life to your fullest and to enjoy it and it can get better than this. Life can get better. It hasn't always been this way has it? So why would it stay this won't? It won't but it's going to take time, support and hard work for you to get through this but you can do it and we're rooting for you all the way.

Have you thought about writing a list of reasons to live? I don't at all expect you to go and sit down and write the list all at once but maybe it's some thing you can do over time? Then maybe you could turn it into a poster and stick it on your wall so that when you feel really low and or suicidal you can go to it and take a look at it. I know it's helped me in the past.

Just remember you're a hell of a strong person and you can do this. We're here for you so don't suffer in silence. You're never alone.

Hopes and wishes,
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20

Re: I can't take having depression anymore - February 18th 2016, 03:41 PM

Hello there!

I think that depression is something that's worse when it's kept within and not told out. But I do know that the truly considerate, the truly nice won't hesitate to help you out for no reason... they just want to see you happy. But definitely tell someone you know you can trust.. that'll definitely help you out more because it's more likely to be kept secret, the way you want it. I also wanna know what you went through because the sooner we overcome and beat the source of your depression, the more you will recover and the faster the process will be. Also, there's many ways to rant out your depression.... besides talking to someone,

You could write a diary or rant your problems out over here... that might be a good way to go about it in the beginning if you're still uncomfortable with telling other people. That will slowly allow you to come to terms with the fact that your depression is something you'll eventually let someone else know, in order to receive advice and improve and pave a road towards the creation of a happy atmosphere that you definitely deserve.

There's many forms of releases... there's music, there's graphic design, pottery, dance and many more. You will be able to express your feelings out in many, many different ways. The first thing to do when it comes to depression is the fact that there's plenty of ways for you to express it out, and let out your feelings. The sooner you allow yourself a form of safe, non-harmful release for your feelings, the better things will be and the happier you'll feel... I know that for sure because feelings kept inside are just like a ticking time bomb ready to explode. It's better to slowly express yourself via positive activities and eventually, once you're ready to do it... a counselor or someone who'll be ready to offer positive advice and listen to you through thick and thin.

Btw, if you want someone to rant to or just need a friend, I'll always be around. Always! I'll be around!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
Closed Thread