TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Food is always on my agenda - July 10th 2016, 08:41 AM

Hi guys I may have made a similar thread to this before sorry.

I'm recovering from poor eating habits due to a stressful period in my life I'm eating a lot more now which is great! But I always find myself thinking abut my next meal even if I'm not that hungry. Why is this? How can I deal with this? I have another doctors appointment soon but I just hate how my brain is always thinking about eating food even when I'm eating enough. Could this be because I'm underweight? My brains trying to make me gain more weight but sending hungry signals down? Just what could it be! I've always been one to eat at the right times lunch dinner breakfast would always be at good times but I just get pissed off with thinking about food all the time even after I have eaten. It only really happens when I'm not doing much and have nothing to take my mind off things with. If I'm working I easily get distracted and don't feel it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: Food is always on my agenda - July 10th 2016, 10:13 AM

Hi Justin,

I know a lot of people who've experienced this. And I have at times, too. It's quite an obsessive process. But it's not bad. And I certainly think that with time, it kind of becomes less obtrusive. What has helped my friends is planning their meals, as I mentioned in my reply to your other post. When you plan a meal, you are completely aware of what you're having for which meal of the day.

You can experiment by having six small meals a day to three good meals and a couple of snack breaks in the day. But planning essentially stops your mind from wondering what the next meal is to knowing what the next meal is. At this point, it might be that you just think of the meal you're going to have later in the day. That's fine. It'll take time for it to go away. Thing is, when people are feeling bored, they're more likely paying more attention to their internal bodily sensations and over-exaggerate the extent and intensity of these physical changes.

This is probably why you don't think about it when you're busy, occupied or distracted.

Meet your doctor and talk to them about it. I'm sure that they'd be able to get you some help if it's getting to be too difficult to gain control over.

I hope the suggestion is of some help.

Best wishes to you.

Take care,
Kaveri

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Re: Food is always on my agenda - July 10th 2016, 11:25 PM

ya ive experienced this. i still starve myaelf but im always thinking about what and how much ill eat next time or different recipes i can make even if i dont eat it. i think its very common to think about food a lot.

Closed Thread