TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Question is this a "normal" symptom of ED? - August 12th 2016, 02:54 PM

okay sorry if i post so much in this forum.

for some reason ive notice something weird. i have a really good ammune system so i hardly ever get sick. but lately ive noticed when i text or am in a situation that i smell my hands, it smell like sickness. and my mom has noticed it on my breath. i starve myself all the time and the only thing it ever does to me is make me really tired and makes my stomach hurt. but i never physically feel sick from it. i just smell it and my hair is really damaged and tends to fall out a lot. my finger nails turn purple as well as the top of my hand. i noticed that i feel lighter than i did which im probably losing weight. but then my mind plays tricks on me and i kinda disociate from reality. and ive missed some periods.
is any of this normal in an ED i mean ive never been diagnosed but i probably have an Atypical version of anorexia. cause im not underweight but all the mindset peices and some phyical symptoms r there.
i know that no one can diagnose me here but i pretty much already know. i mean thats also what everyone else is telling me.
aside from that, is it weird that i smell sick but dont feel like it? r those normal?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SirJordan Offline
Twitter: @sirjordanhardy
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jordan

Re: is this a "normal" symptom of ED? - August 12th 2016, 03:11 PM

None of us are qualified enough to say for sure. I think its probably best that you speak to your doctor as these 'symptoms' could lead to something worse later on.

"Carefree, wherever we may be. We are the famous CFC" - Chelsea Football Club
  Send a message via Yahoo to SirJordan  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Staff On Leave

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Re: is this a "normal" symptom of ED? - August 12th 2016, 05:31 PM

As the above poster mentioned, we're all really not qualified to properly answer your question, and I would highly recommend seeing a doctor about all the things you're experiencing!

However, it does seem like they might be due to your eating disorder. You may not seem to feel physically ill, but I would say having your stomach hurt could qualify as making you feel physically ill. The lightheadedness (which I think explains your mind playing tricks on you) and the missed periods are probably due to the stress you're placing on your body from not eating enough. I would strongly recommend telling your mum about what you're going through, because this issue left alone is likely to create even more issues for your physical health.

I hope this helped somewhat and feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk!

Kyra
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: is this a "normal" symptom of ED? - August 12th 2016, 05:40 PM

Poor hair health (falling out, thin, brittle), bad circulation in hands and/or feet (why they turn purple or are cold to the touch), and amenorrhea (loss of period) are all symptoms of eating disorders and being malnourished. I'm not sure about your sense of smell, but it's possible it is cause by your eating habits and such.

You really need to think about getting treatment from a professional for this. Eating disorders are among the most fatal mental illnesses out there.

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

Closed Thread