TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

So I'm at a healthy weight but I just feel horrible - September 22nd 2016, 07:05 AM

My body feels so different and weird overall I feel so blah did anyone else notice this at first

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: So I'm at a healthy weight but I just feel horrible - September 22nd 2016, 05:49 PM

Hi Justin,

I went through that as well when I was trying to recover from my eating disorder. I feel like most people would as you're finally starting to get your weight back to normal. Maybe try not thinking about it? It took a couple months for me to stop feeling like that when I realized I had much more energy and I didn't look sick all the time. It may take a while but eventually you will start feeling better.

I hope this helps a bit, let me know if I can do anything else for you
Good luck
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: So I'm at a healthy weight but I just feel horrible - October 6th 2016, 08:16 PM

Hey.

I get where you are coming from. I know a lot of people with anorexia for example, who struggle with the weight gain because of how it feels but I think its because they have gotten used to being underweight. I think these people then begin to get used to being a healthy weight again but at the same time you have to remind yourself why this is a good thing. What's good about being a healthy weight rather then underweight? So things like you're more healthy, so you may have a period again and are able to start a family, you are not work all the time, you are not cold all the time and so on.. Remind yourself that being a normal weight is a good thing because it means you are healthy.

If you need any help, let me know and don't be alone.
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DomoKay Offline
Fire behind her eyes
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kelsey

Re: So I'm at a healthy weight but I just feel horrible - October 6th 2016, 09:01 PM

With weight restoration/refeeding for me, it was absolutely awful physically. I was very malnourished and my stomach shrank, so eating the amount of food I need to to be healthy was a long process of bloating and nausea and being really uncomfortable. Your stomach is like a balloon... Imagine when you're not eating your stomach (the balloon) shrinks. When I take out a balloon, I kind of pull it to stretch it out so it is easier to blow up. The first blow is the hardest, but once it inflates it is easier. Once your stomach is used to steady nourishment, it will expand to be able to handle the nourishment it needs to go back to normal. Hope this helps Hang in there, it gets so much better! Proud of you for putting in the hard work.

we've escaped our capture

Laugh loudly, sing like no one's listening, dance like no one's watching, stay in the moment, get that adrenaline pumpin', deep breaths, be easy on yourself <3 PM me

(#5 (permalink)) Old
bella14donna Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: So I'm at a healthy weight but I just feel horrible - October 16th 2016, 07:38 AM

Maybe try not thinking about it?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: So I'm at a healthy weight but I just feel horrible - October 20th 2016, 09:22 PM

While weight restoration is a first step in many's recovery, it's definitely not the last. There are many other psychological and emotional barriers to overcome before your new weight will feel comfortable. When I gained weight and my weight regulated at my baseline, it was really hard to accept what's normal and natural for my body. What makes it worse is that society still often places ideals as "healthy" such as men with super large muscles or super skinny women, and you can't allow yourself to compare yourself to them in your recovery. One thing that helped me was that I didn't have a full-size mirror for a few years while recovering. That helped me to not focus so much on my weight. I've also stopped weighing myself, and I blind-weight at the doctor's.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
Closed Thread