TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Sometimes when working night shifts I eat on my break at around 11pm would this count on my body as eating the best day? - October 8th 2016, 10:58 PM

I know this sound stupid but I was just wondering like if I eat that late would my body count it as still the same day or would you class that as eating the next day.
Should I try not to eat that late when working on my 5 min break I usually have a chocolate bar but as i'm recovering from an eating disorder my doctor reckons it's important I eat at normal people times not eating at midnight as apparently that will start bad habits.

Thanks.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Sometimes when working night shifts I eat on my break at around 11pm would this count on my body as eating the best day? - October 8th 2016, 11:30 PM

Your body doesn't really know what time of day it is. You train your body to know when to be tired and know when to be hungry by sleeping and eating at consistent times everyday. If you eat at night (which some people have to if they work later shifts) you are telling your body to be hungry at that time if you do so often. It's not a bad thing, but could cause problems later on if your schedule changes. If you happen to have to be asleep at whatever time your break is, your body will think it's time to eat something and send hunger cues instead of being asleep. There's always ways to train your body out of that, though.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Ultimately you should consult your doctor on if this is alright with them. Personally, my treatment team would encourage me to have a snack while working and especially if I am actually a bit hungry. Every doctor is different, though. So I would talk to yours to see what they'd recommend in this specific scenario.

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Sometimes when working night shifts I eat on my break at around 11pm would this count on my body as eating the best day? - October 9th 2016, 08:19 PM

Your body cannot tell what day it is. Much of the studies that recommend the "best time of day to eat" are bogus anyway. I think it'd be good to have a snack while you're working to keep your energy up. I agree with Oliver about talking to your doctor, but ultimately, I'd listen to your body's hunger cues and eat when you're hungry. If you're hungry while working a night job, then eat then.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Sometimes when working night shifts I eat on my break at around 11pm would this count on my body as eating the best day? - October 9th 2016, 09:17 PM

If you're worried you could always find something healthy to have as a snack instead of candy.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

Closed Thread