TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23

Angry I SERIOUSLY MESSED UP oh my god lonely confused upset - December 23rd 2016, 07:04 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi everyone for all of you that know me I have been struggling with an eating disorder for a while and I finally reached a nice weight which me and my doctor said was nice and healthy but I was still struggling with eating so he said just give it time I should be alright anyway story short I just felt stressed out about not eating like everyone else and I have eaten way to much I binge ate everything insight and I mean I really over ate these past 3 days and im scared about whats going to happen to my body I was incredibly proud of how I looked and how healthy I looked but im really scared as a moderator I know i'm not allowed to give you the reference of my intake to give you some level of idea of how much I ate but lets just it was enough to make me feel really sick if I just eat normally will this result in what? please note what I normally under eat really heavy but my doctor knows this and he said it doesn't matter im weight restored and i can just take my time now but im so scared about what happened i just felt so pressured because it was Christmas
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,886, Level: 26 Points: 33,886, Level: 26 Points: 33,886, Level: 26

Re: I SERIOUSLY MESSED UP oh my god lonely confused upset - December 23rd 2016, 08:58 PM

Hey Justin, short episodes of over or under eating (even large amounts) won't make much of a difference in your body, especially if you need the calories. Now, that doesn't mean that these patterns over the long term are a good idea, but if you slip either way once in a while it's not a big deal. I would focus on working through what caused you to do this in the first place. What's done is done, the best thing you can do now is take good care of yourself moving forward.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: I SERIOUSLY MESSED UP oh my god lonely confused upset - December 24th 2016, 01:59 AM

A three day binge is scary but I assure you that going back to eating what you were eating will be fine. I doubt you even gained weight from the binge and if you did eating normally won't cause you to gain more weight or keep the weight you gained on. I weigh myself daily and I have had incidences of binges and there hasn't been much difference in my weight.

I would actually suggest that you go back to eating normally cause restricting your calorie limit could easily lead to another binge.

I think finding coping skills to deal with binges would be helpful as well. You can't do anything about what you ate but you can find coping for the feelings that brings up. I notice you are the Technology and Gaming moderator so maybe you could play some video games or get involved in some tech based stuff. I know my boyfriend uses that as a distraction.

Best regards,
Jenna.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23

Re: I SERIOUSLY MESSED UP oh my god lonely confused upset - December 24th 2016, 11:02 AM

Thank you so much
Closed Thread