TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SophiaGrace1314 Offline
Existential Madness
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: SophiaGrace

Points: 4,157, Level: 9 Points: 4,157, Level: 9 Points: 4,157, Level: 9

Unhappy Depressed suicidal Existential lonely crying need a friend - September 21st 2016, 01:43 AM

Hi, I'm in a really bad place right now and I really need a friend, it would really help if anyone knew any have quotes or song lyrics if u could reply them to me maybe that could help cheer me up.....I cut myself for the first time today, is it a bad thing that it actually helped?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24

Re: Depressed suicidal Existential lonely crying need a friend - September 21st 2016, 06:13 PM

Hello Sophia Grace,
Welcome to Teenhelp!

A while back I started this thread. (Just click the word "this" and it will take you to the thread) There are many picture quotes in there and hopefully there's something that resonates with you and helps you out.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Points: 8,431, Level: 13 Points: 8,431, Level: 13 Points: 8,431, Level: 13

Re: Depressed suicidal Existential lonely crying need a friend - September 21st 2016, 06:48 PM

Hey Sophia Grace,

I'm really sorry that you're going through this right now, and I can't say that I can even begin to imagine what you're experiencing, but one thing that has always helped me when I've had a crap day is this: no matter what's happening in your life, whether it's good or if it's bad, it will be over soon. Soon, it will just be a part of your past, something that happened to you when you were younger. Nothing lasts forever, and pain just takes time to subside.

I hope this helped somewhat but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything!

Kyra
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Depressed suicidal Existential lonely crying need a friend - September 23rd 2016, 01:03 PM

Hey sorry to hear you're struggling. I am not sure if I have any quotes that I think are great, I would click on the link that Three Blind Mice sent you.

About whether it's "bad" that you cut. There is nothing to be ashamed of. At my lowest, I've hurt myself too. It's not a great thing to do because it's not a healthy thing to do, but I can empathize with why you might have done so. But there's nothing to do ashamed of. My best advice is to get something that'll help distract you when things get that bad (e.g. maybe you write letters to someone, maybe you draw, go for a walk etc.). Have you considered getting a therapist? It might be very beneficial to have someone in your corner who can help you with you challenges.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
Closed Thread