TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   School project (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t149982-school-project/)

DeletedAccount63 February 14th 2017 07:00 PM

School project

ROB APPROVED THIS!
This has to be 18 and up only sorry. am going to be doing a project for love your body week at my school. I have made up a survey and I would love it if people would do it for me...I am going to gather all the surveys and go through the information and come up with a paragraph or more about the stuff I found out and will also include hard facts.

Eating disorder survey
Are you Diagnosed with an Eating disorder?
If so what are you diagnosed with?
If not what eating disorder do you think you fit the most?
Do you have any other mental health issues(Diagnoses)
If so what are they?
Do you self-harm?
If so what age did you start?
was it because of your eating disorder?

What age did your eating disorder start?
How old are you know?
How many years have you struggled?
How does it interfere with your life or how did it interfere with your life?

What does your eating disorder do for you or what did it do?
Have you been in treatment for eating disorders?
If so how many times?
Did it seems to help you?
Are you in therapy for your eating disorder?
If so what exactly is your game plan?
Do you want recovery?
What would recovery look like for you?

Thank you so much in advance for doing this :)

.Brittany. February 14th 2017 09:35 PM

Re: School project

Eating disorder survey
Are you Diagnosed with an Eating disorder? Yes
If so what are you diagnosed with? Anorexia (A couple years ago) Currently Bulimia (with the route I'm going it will go back to Anorexia).
If not what eating disorder do you think you fit the most? N/A
Do you have any other mental health issues(Diagnoses) Yes
If so what are they? Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety, PTSD, Anorexia/Bulimia, and currently in the process of the possibility of a couple more.
Do you self-harm? Yes (In recovery but possible for relapse)
If so what age did you start? 7 or 8
was it because of your eating disorder? No

What age did your eating disorder start? 15, wasn't diagnosed until 21
How old are you know? 27
How many years have you struggled? 12
How does it interfere with your life or how did it interfere with your life? It's made me always not want to look in the mirror. I'm always concerned about what I eat.

What does your eating disorder do for you or what did it do? I loved the way I looked at the peak of it
Have you been in treatment for eating disorders? No
If so how many times? N/A
Did it seems to help you? N/A
Are you in therapy for your eating disorder? No
If so what exactly is your game plan? Currently, to lose lots of weight
Do you want recovery? Not until I'm at my goal weight
What would recovery look like for you? Being a good size and healthy

Palmolive February 15th 2017 04:50 AM

Eating disorder survey
Are you Diagnosed with an Eating disorder?
Yes
If so what are you diagnosed with? EDNOS and Bulimia
Do you have any other mental health issues(Diagnoses): Yes
If so what are they? Borderline Personality Disorder, Depressive Episodes, PTSD, Psychotic Episodes, OCD tendencies
Do you self-harm? Yes
If so what age did you start? 8/9
was it because of your eating disorder? No. I didn't struggle with my eating then

What age did your eating disorder start? Probably at 12
How old are you know? 22
How many years have you struggled? With ED's, for ten years. In general for 13 years
How does it interfere with your life or how did it interfere with your life? I get anxious about eating in public and infront of people I don't know so avoid it. I have an unhealthy relationship with food (starving, binging, purging), I've been at low weights and had many vitamin deficiencies. It makes me tired. It has reflux problems which I am on medication for. Mentally, it feels like torture at times. I hate the way I look. I feel bad about myself. I feel ugly and feel I deserve the pain I put myself through with it. I get distressed when I eat and feel bad for it and so on.

What does your eating disorder do for you or what did it do? It makes me feel in control.
Have you been in treatment for eating disorders? When I was on a DBT rehab secure ward, I was nearly tube fed and had to go on diet plans and the staff had to keep a record of my daily intake of food and fluids.
If so how many times? I have never been hospitalised purely for eating but it's been as issue the 14 times I have been inpatient.
Did it seems to help you? To be honest, I didn't eat for a long time and when I was told they were going to put me in general hospital for treatment, I slowly began eating. The thought of having no control of what would be going in to me, scared me enough to slowly make me begin eating again. I have however, never found seeing dietitians helpful.
Are you in therapy for your eating disorder? It is part of my "treatment".
If so what exactly is your game plan? To get back into a healthy eating pattern
Do you want recovery? Sometimes. I mean. Yes. I don't want to live with this, but sometimes it feels like I can't live with out it. I don't know if that makes sense.
What would recovery look like for you? To be a healthy weight but also to be able to challenge my disordered thoughts around food and eating and my body image more so that I can eat healthily again.

DeletedAccount71 February 15th 2017 09:47 PM

Are you Diagnosed with an Eating disorder? Yes.
If so what are you diagnosed with? EDNOS.
Do you have any other mental health issues(Diagnoses)? Yes.
If so what are they? Bipolar Disorder Type I, BPD, OCD, and Anxiety.
Do you self-harm? Yes.
If so what age did you start? 15.
was it because of your eating disorder? No. I didn't struggle with eating then.

What age did your eating disorder start? 15.
How old are you know? 26.
How many years have you struggled? 11.
How does it interfere with your life or how did it interfere with your life? I'm unable to really eat in front of or around other people. I exercise to the point of exhaustion and the point of self-harm (in that I have a mobility issue I stress too much, which could make it worse). I have to excuse myself to purge and it feels really overwhelming and lonely. Physically I experience symptoms such as shakiness, low heart rate, low blood pressure, dizzy spells, and irritability.

What does your eating disorder do for you or what did it do? It helps me feel like I have a sense of control over myself when so much of the time I feel out of control. It helps me lose weight, which is something I want and something other people support me in. When it comes to compulsive eating food is comforting and a way I self-soothe.
Have you been in treatment for eating disorders? Yes.
If so how many times? Once- it was an outpatient DBT group centered on ED.
Did it seems to help you? No.
Are you in therapy for your eating disorder? Kind of. I've talked with my individual therapists about my disorder but I am fixing to go to a higher level of treatment to help deal with my disorder.
If so what exactly is your game plan? I don't really have one.
Do you want recovery? Not really.
What would recovery look like for you? Probably developing a healthy relationship with food and a way to lose weight without engaging in destructive habits. It would also probably include having a positive body image and treating my body more kindly.

NeuroBeautiful February 18th 2017 07:45 PM

Eating disorder survey
Are you Diagnosed with an Eating disorder? No
If so what are you diagnosed with? N/A
If not what eating disorder do you think you fit the most? EDNOS
If so what are they? Major Depressive Disorder
Do you self-harm? Yes
If so what age did you start? Age 3 years old, I started skin picking, I started cutting and burning as a teenager.
was it because of your eating disorder? The ED and SH were both manifestations of negative body image, low self esteem, lack of self worth and stuff like that

What age did your eating disorder start? I started starving and restricting at age 12 but before then I just had passive thoughts about it
How old are you know? 22
How many years have you struggled? My whole life, to be honest
How does it interfere with your life or how did it interfere with your life? I cant eat in front of friends, tension between friends because they want me to eat and I tell them I'm not hungry and they think how could that be if you didnt eat all day, coworkers and supervisors trying to push me to eat cake or snack or whatever they have on the table and me feeling alone with my secret. Aside for socially, I get physical symptoms of headaches, dizzy, cranky. I feel guilt, shame, anger, worthless, complicating my behaviors with these negative emotions. It's a daily struggle because even if I do fine for a few days, I still get impulsive urges like I do with self harm and it occupies my mind.

What does your eating disorder do for you or what did it do? It made me feel like I am talented in something. I've always felt out of place and doing something like starving for the whole day, while others had to give into their body's needs, made me feel strong and disciplined somehow. And when I overate, I felt horrible and it allowed me to escape and project my problems as an overeating issue instead of the actual problems I'm trying to escape. When I overate or mini-binged I was able to express my emotions whereas when I starved or restricted I was trying to suppress my emotions
Have you been in treatment for eating disorders? No
Are you in therapy for your eating disorder? Not in particular because my eating problems are always grouped with my official diagnosis of depression which is annoying because I feel like it is related but it's still it's own thing. I want to bring it up to my therapist. Also because my mother 99.999% likely had an eating disorder, all my sisters have disordered eating issues and I walked in on my cousin purging when he was 5 years old because he felt fat. It really runs in the family big time.
If so what exactly is your game plan? Been doing self-help so I want to first bring it up to my therapist.
Do you want recovery? Kinda
What would recovery look like for you? Seeing food in a healthy way, as fuel for my body and not as an emotional response or as a way to suppress emotions. Even if I dont fully love my body, I want to get to a point that I am taking care of it and not acting on my lack of love for it. I treat it with respect for what it is, even if I dont adore it. Longer term I want to love my body, feel good in it, feel more connected to my body instead of being trapped.

Ambedo. February 18th 2017 08:00 PM

Eating disorder survey
Are you Diagnosed with an Eating disorder? Yes
If so what are you diagnosed with? Bulimia nervosa
If so what are they? Depression
Do you self-harm? Yes (almost a year clean, if that matters)
If so what age did you start? 12
was it because of your eating disorder? No

What age did your eating disorder start? 14, was diagnosed at 19
How old are you know? 23
How many years have you struggled? 9 years
How does it interfere with your life or how did it interfere with your life? I'm always self-conscious about what I eat, especially when I'm around other people. I have permanent health issues that have resulted from the purging. When I began the recovery process, my body would automatically try to make me purge because it was natural at that point. It has also affected my relationships with people who tried to help me during that point, since I was too stubborn to accept their help.

What does your eating disorder do for you or what did it do? It made me feel like I was in control of something. It would give me a feeling of accomplishment every time someone told me that I looked good or commented on my weight loss.
Have you been in treatment for eating disorders? I came very close.
Are you in therapy for your eating disorder? I was in the past.
If so what exactly is your game plan? We took an approach centered around changing my relationship with food and changing the thought process behind the eating disorder. It's a lot to explain, but PM me if you have specific questions.
Do you want recovery? Yes and i am currently doing well with it
What would recovery look like for you?
Being comfortable with my body and being able to lose weight in a healthy way, rather than purging. To be able to be comfortable with the idea of eating without getting anxious because of it.