TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Still regret leaving job because of ED - February 15th 2017, 09:27 PM

I had the best job ever I worked for the phone company EE? Incase there are anyone reading this from another country like America for example EE is the same as Verizon or T Mobile just an english company. I was only on 5 pound an hour it was an apprenticeship and it was a fair old distance from where I live 20mins by car but an hour on the bus. I have always been good with mobile phones I love my Samsung, iPhones, LG, Android, IOS operating systems.

I was working roughly 30 hours each week I felt at the time because I was so under weight I could not cope with the hours probably still couldn't to be honest. I had a love for the job thought below i'm going to underline some key factors.

The manager was getting pissed at me because I have dyslexia and I could not remember the price plans of the phones which is crucial if you work for someone like EE! The job does revolve tons of remembering something which I have HUGE AND I'M USING HUGE LIGHTLY! Problems with!

I have a love for phones though customers would come to me and ask me what phone they would like and I would give them a life long lecture on why Apple is amazing lol

I was paying 25 pound a week for bus money it was not great but I was bringing in like 500-700 pound each month my grandad and nan did often help me out with bus money bless them so I did make some good money I suppose. The terms of going forward were high at the end of the 12 months they would decide whether you have passed the apprenticeship or not I don't know weather I would of passed it to be honest.

I got in trouble once because I was in my own world just staring in to thin air a mother reported me for checking out her 13 year old girl which the manager was not impressed with that was a shit day lol.
My manager in fact got so concerned about my memory related issues that he referred me to a doctor in regards to my memory issues which I felt was outrageous but he does have every right to.

I felt the pressure of the job was so much they were getting pissed off with me because I had fucked up my body and had to go to the toilet sometimes 12 times an hour.

I get upset and worried in case I ruined a good chance of me having an awesome job and a good career they sent me all the way over the country to train not that I did much training just went out drinking with all the other people and had nando's lol! Apart from being so deep in to my disorder I was having a blast on the training program still keep in touch with some of the people from it defiantly do not regret it great life long experience! I can't help to think did I make a shit decision to leave?

I'm now working for a company where the managers have bullied me because of my dyslexia I have been sacked once but won my job back through an appeal process but will probably end up losing my job again in the coming months because I have caused the company loads of problems because my brother is really high up in the world of retail and I basically took them to the cleaners with a law suit case! I did win it though because of how they treated me and sacked because I had dyslexia yes! That was the reason they gave which is sickening thing to do so as you can imagine my relationship with this supermarket is not the greatest.

I'm brining about 300-400 pound a month here on much more wage and less hours I only work 3 days each week and that's easily half of what if not almost similar to EE and only on 12 hours each week.

I just don't know why I keep worrying I left EE a while ago back in September.

I just needed to get it off my chest thanks guys

Last edited by bringmethehorizon♥; February 18th 2017 at 12:58 PM.

Closed Thread