TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Another corner turned - May 23rd 2017, 02:03 AM

I'm forced to recover from my eating disorder which means my parents are making me eat a lot more. I've always had a pretty active lifestyle but now I've resorted extreme exercise just to burn off the calories and guilt that comes with eating. I know I can't say all the details in numbers on here but it's getting really bad. There are people who say I exercise too much and it's making me so exhausted and sick. Then I feel super weak so I binge in the afternoon and either purge or do another extreme workout session. I wish I could stop but I don't want to at this point. But a part of me still just wants to relax a bit.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Another corner turned - May 26th 2017, 03:51 PM

Hey Cheye,

I'm sorry you're currently struggling. First, I'd reach out to your parents about what is happening. Eating disorders thrive on secrets. The more that you are keeping from your parents and not allowing yourself vulnerability, the sicker you're going to be, and while the ED side of you may think that's good, you obviously reached out to us for help. Part of you is still strong and has control, and wants to get better. Have your parents been also sending you to therapy? Recovery isn't just the physical component, which in your case includes refeeding and weight restoration. Recovery also includes emotional support and helping yourself get to a healthy mindset where you are no longer afraid of not burning calories.

Good luck. <3

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Re: Another corner turned - May 30th 2017, 08:20 PM

All my parents really care about is that I'm eating. They don't care about the thoughts I have or the exercise I do (my dad even sees me wake up at odd hours to workout and he tells me "good job!"). They are unaware of how out of control this is getting and they don't see the problem with it. They like to see me exercise and they see it as a good thing. Not the way I do it. I wish they could see that.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Another corner turned - June 11th 2017, 02:53 PM

So many people told me growing up that "your parents always know" when you're hiding something or suffering. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Parents are human and many of them are just as sold into the diet culture and thin idealism that fuels disordered eating. I'd reach out and tell them that you need help and are still suffering, and suggest getting some sort of regular treatment or psychological help. They obviously care about your wellbeing, but may not know what to do or that you're struggling.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
Closed Thread