TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Wishes Offline
Hello

Junior TeenHelper

Name: 爱

What the hell - September 22nd 2017, 09:41 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So yesterday I was walking home and of course I see the boy that I like (let's call him C)and his friends.
So one of C's friends starts shouting "C..! Look who it is!" And obviously he was talking about me...
I was going to just tell him to fuck off, but he wasn't actually looking at me (but he was talking about me)
Then I heard C laughing at me. I really like him and he was laughing at me.
Well now I have started restricting again. I felt so tired and hungry yesterday, but I need to look better so these things won't happen to me.
I don't know what I want here, I guess someone to talk to idk.

"Every Experience Is A Gift from The Universe"

http://www.instagram.com/_.2204_/

Last edited by Wishes; September 22nd 2017 at 01:03 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
linekc Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What the hell - September 22nd 2017, 11:55 AM

You don't have to look a certain way. You have to feel if that you look good then you do.
If you want to look 'better' then try and eat healthy and exercise ind sted of starving yourself. But you need to let yourself go, you need to take a breath and think is this worth it? is it worth destroying your life and maybe affect the people that loves you.
If they laughs at you just tell them to go fuck themselves. You just have to learn to not care about their opinion.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Wishes Offline
Hello

Junior TeenHelper

Re: What the hell - September 22nd 2017, 01:08 PM

linekc, thank you for you're reply. You are right, I shouldn't care what they think. I just already have no self-esteem and feel so awful about myself, and now the guy I like is laughing at me. I don't want to starve, but I just want to know I am doing something...I guess I like the control about it? Idk...
But thank you for the reply it was helpful, and nice to know you care x

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Re: What the hell - September 22nd 2017, 03:39 PM

I know you like the guy but from what you told us about him i don't think he is a nice person, or worth it. And his friends are jerks.
I'm sure they don't call you out because of how you look, they simply do it to tease you and because it hurts you.
You won't look better if you starve yourself. The most beautiful thing a girl can have, is an honest smile. I know it's hard when they are acting like this towards you but I'm sure one day you can get over this guy and away from all these horrible people and shine again

You said you want the feeling of being in control, well the best you can do is remind you, that restricting is not control. It's letting these urges control you. So everytime you get an urge, remind yourself, that you are in control not the urge, not the horrible things other people tell you. Only you. And fighting the urge to restrict (or anything else that is harmful to you) means gaining control over it.
I know it's not that easy, but maybe you can try it. Remind yourself tht fighting this is control, not giving in. But also always remember, that it's ok to give in once in a while.
You are only human, you have your weak moments and flaws. Just like anyone else and thats ok. Thats what makes you one of us

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Wishes Offline
Hello

Junior TeenHelper

Re: What the hell - September 25th 2017, 12:19 PM

Thank you very much for your reply Oliver. It was very helpful.
I have listened to what you have said and will try to control the urges...just having a bit of a hard time at the moment...
But thank you for your replyx

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount29

Edit avatar

Re: What the hell - September 25th 2017, 05:24 PM

I'm sorry this guy was laughing at you, and it must really have hurt even more since you have a crush on him. Like the others have said, it's important to ignore what people say about you, either to your face or behind your back. Don't let them define who you are or what you do in regards to eating or trying to look good. You're most likely beautiful the way you are.

If you do want to lose weight, I suggest going about it the right way. Also, please reach out to a therapist, particularly one with an eating disorder, so you can overcome these negative feelings and lose weight appropriately if that is what you want to do.on

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you need to.

Closed Thread