TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Loneliness (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f540-loneliness/)
-   -   Lonely (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f540-loneliness/t153861-lonely/)

hestina22 November 14th 2017 12:45 PM

Lonely

I have no one to talk to about any of this. I wish I did. I want to start eating again properly, but I can't do it on my own. I think if I had at least a friend to support me maybe I could do it.

I use online counselling sites like Child Line, but I don't think it is as effective as talking to someone in real life would be.
I also come on here, but no one is ever online when I am, or if they are they leave quickly. I feel that no one even pays attention to my threads anymore, and I don't know what to do.
My family don't support me at all, with my mum saying she will kick me out if she finds out I am dieting.

I don't know what to do. I have joined a Pro Ana site and on there people reply and make me feel like they understand and want to talk to me. The site I have joined isn't as bad as I thought it would be, in fact they advise me against purging etc. But really? My only friends are on a Pro Ana site, that's not exactly going to help me eat properly again.

I don't know what I want here, probably just to rant.
Any advice is appreciated.

Arabesque- golfing girl. November 14th 2017 08:04 PM

Re: Lonely

Hello,
I am so sorry that you are having a hard time right now. When you are going through something and no one is supporting you, it's hard to find a way to deal with this and try to fix this by yourself.
You said that you want to start eating again and have people support you and that's wonderful, can you try telling any of you're friends or just one that you are having a hard time with this and you would love to have them help support you with this when you are having a hard time? Also can you try talking with you're school counselor and letting them know about this that you are going through and see if they can help you and maybe if they can help find you some support too so that you are not going through this along.
I hope that you are able to find someone to help you with this and that you start to feel ok. Lots of Hugs.

3am_insomniac November 17th 2017 03:20 AM

Hi. I'm going the same sort of thing. I can't eat, and making the choice to recover is terrifying. Try starting with little amounts of food as often as possible. Tell yourself that you're gorgeous!

hestina22 November 17th 2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3am_insomniac (Post 1304766)
Hi. I'm going the same sort of thing. I can't eat, and making the choice to recover is terrifying. Try starting with little amounts of food as often as possible. Tell yourself that you're gorgeous!

That is really hard for me to do, but I guess I will try. I am slowly eating more, and it is good. I think maybe I will be ok. I hope you are ok too :hug: