TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TenementFunster Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Should I still see a counselor - February 11th 2018, 04:31 AM

When ever I go to see a counselor now(spaced out at this point), it's make sure things are stable. At my most recent session, I vented about personal problems relating to the ED that I keep from my parents during the 1 on 1 portion at the beginning. It seems I will still be able to see them after I turn 18 in July. Would it be a good idea to go in every couple months if I need to discuss said problems?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Should I still see a counselor - February 11th 2018, 04:56 AM

I think it would be a great idea! Therapy is a safe space to talk about a variety of issues, such as an eating disorder. You also know that a therapist is trained, and that they can work with you to develop solutions and suggestions based on your own needs. While support from a friend or family member is nice, it can help to have a therapist because they are unbiased and someone you can be completely open to. There is no shame in going to therapy either.

So, I think it's worth it. You and your therapist can even discuss how often they think you should come in, if that is something you'd like!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Should I still see a counselor - February 11th 2018, 04:44 PM

Hey there,

I think it could be beneficial to continue seeing the therapist. It can help to have someone to vent too. There are actually a lot of people who only go to a therapist a few times a year (maybe once a month etc). Sometimes if they are going through a more difficult time they will start going a bit more. If you are benefiting from seeing your therapist and venting to them than I don't think there would be anything wrong with continuing to see them.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread