TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Wanting to be fat? - May 6th 2018, 04:07 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Idk if this thread is in the right category.
Last night, I just remembered about a time in my childhood. Every night when I went to bed, I would fantasize about becoming overweight. I wanted to be fat. I have no idea why. I had these images and dreams about going to school wearing large clothing and getting so fat but everyone else was really skinny. Now I have an eating disorder and weight gain is my worst night mare, But back then, I wanted to be fat. Has anyone else had similar experiences? Or is there a valid reason for this? Or am I just "going crazy"?

edit: I'm not sure why I felt this way, it was so long ago. I remember also the first time I did start gaining weight as I grew up little which is natural and I felt disgusted with myself. I was only like 5 or 6 years old.

Last edited by butterflykisses300; May 6th 2018 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Adding a prefix to be on the safe side

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Wanting to be fat? - May 6th 2018, 04:22 AM

Hello,

I went ahead and moved this to the Eating Disorder Forum as I thought you might get more responses here. If you disagree feel free to pm me and we can discuss it.

I can relate to this to a certain degree. I don't remember a time where I ever wanted to be overweight but I know that as I started gaining weight du to using food to cope; the abuse I was experiencing decreased. This led to me thinking that I was safer if I was overweight.

Do you know why you felt this way? I don't believe that you are going crazy or were at the time but I think that there is probably some reason you wanted this. I can't say what that reason was for you though.

If you want to share more information you can do so and I might be able to help a bit more.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread