TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lucy

Binge - December 10th 2018, 08:48 PM

Hey guys - Lucy is back.

I’ve had the anorexia diagnosis for 8 years, and still struggeling.
The past week has been horrible with binge-eating, and I feel like i’ve gained [edit]. Any good ideas to avoid binge-eating?

private message & visitor message
I'm here for you, if you need to talk.

“I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.”
Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls

Last edited by _Headphones_; December 11th 2018 at 03:06 AM. Reason: weight numbers are not allowed in the ED forum

(#2 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Binge - December 11th 2018, 03:15 AM

Hey,

First of all I just want to remind you that weight numbers in the eating disorder forum are not allowed.

I know how hard it can be to stop binge eating. A lot of times when you have any type of eating disorder you end up binge eating at some point. If you are still actively restricting then I believe that maybe one of the reasons you are binge eating. Somethings you can do besides binge eat is, draw or write if you are into that, when you actually are hungry maybe go out to eat or make a meal and eat it away from the house that way you aren't by all of the food you hav where you live.

I also would suggest you take a look here, which is a link or alternatives and coping skills. There are bound to be some things on there that can help you not binge eat.

Since you have been diagnosed with an eating disorder I am guessing you have a therapist and maybe even a dietitian. I would strongly advice you to contact them and tell them what is going on.

If you ever need to talk I am just a PM/VM away.
Your Friend,
Frankie<3

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain

Regular TeenHelper

Re: Binge - December 11th 2018, 07:07 PM

Things have been much better today. No binge, no constant hunger. I’ve eaten perfect - not too little, not too much.

So Nice!

“I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.”

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Saudade. Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Binge - December 11th 2018, 07:08 PM

I'm glad you were able to eat appropriately today!

Overcoming binge eating disorder can be such a challenge. If you ever need to talk, I am here.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain

Regular TeenHelper

Re: Binge - December 11th 2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminescence. View Post
I'm glad you were able to eat appropriately today!

Overcoming binge eating disorder can be such a challenge. If you ever need to talk, I am here.
Thanks!
It’s so diffucult - one day I starve and next day I binge. Luckely I have power to avoid throwing up.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Saudade. Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Binge - December 11th 2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyne View Post

Thanks!
It’s so diffucult - one day I starve and next day I binge. Luckely I have power to avoid throwing up.
This is exactly how I am. I never throw up either, as much as I may eat on some days.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain

Regular TeenHelper

Re: Binge - December 13th 2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:

This is exactly how I am. I never throw up either, as much as I may eat on some days.
It’s so hard.
I’m so tired of my ED. It ruins everything.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Saudade. Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Binge - December 13th 2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyne View Post

It’s so hard.
I’m so tired of my ED. It ruins everything.
Oh, believe me... I know that feeling too well.

Is there any treatment center you can go to for support? I believe it is important to have a support system in place while you are struggling with an eating disorder–anything, really–so recovery will be smoother.

Thinking of you.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain

Regular TeenHelper

Re: Binge - December 13th 2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:

Oh, believe me... I know that feeling too well.

Is there any treatment center you can go to for support? I believe it is important to have a support system in place while you are struggling with an eating disorder–anything, really–so recovery will be smoother.

Thinking of you.
You’re lovely
I go to treatment for my schizphrenia, and live in a care-home, so I’m not alone and getting help. Just feeling alone, tho I’m not.. you know?

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Binge - December 15th 2018, 11:44 PM

I see that you're receiving care for schizophrenia but also feel alone, which is totally understandable, and it also sounds like maybe you haven't really confided in many people about your eating disorder, at least not your care team, unless you just haven't mentioned that it's something being addressed. If you are already receiving care for your existing mental health concerns, perhaps it would be worth it to ask if you can have the eating disorder worked into your treatment plan so that it can be appropriately addressed. It would likely help a lot

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain

Regular TeenHelper

Re: Binge - December 16th 2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte View Post
I see that you're receiving care for schizophrenia but also feel alone, which is totally understandable, and it also sounds like maybe you haven't really confided in many people about your eating disorder, at least not your care team, unless you just haven't mentioned that it's something being addressed. If you are already receiving care for your existing mental health concerns, perhaps it would be worth it to ask if you can have the eating disorder worked into your treatment plan so that it can be appropriately addressed. It would likely help a lot

That’s a really great idea! I’ll try to mention it for them, cause this is too hard to be alone with!

(#12 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Binge - December 17th 2018, 03:24 AM

Hey there,

Have you had the chance to talk to your care team? I think that would be the best thing to do so that they can incorporate eating disorder treatment into your treatment plan. Opening up about it might be difficult but you might find that if you are open with them about your eating disorder you'll feel less alone because you will have a treatment team rallying around you trying to help you get to a better place.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain

Regular TeenHelper

Re: Binge - December 17th 2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Bibliophile:. View Post
Hey there,

Have you had the chance to talk to your care team? I think that would be the best thing to do so that they can incorporate eating disorder treatment into your treatment plan. Opening up about it might be difficult but you might find that if you are open with them about your eating disorder you'll feel less alone because you will have a treatment team rallying around you trying to help you get to a better place.

Best regards.
Hi

I'll try to talk to them soon -maybe tomorrow.
It's just hard to talk about my ED, when I feel like I'm too fat.
It's so difficult, and I hate that stupid disease!

But your support means the world to me. Thank you <3

(#14 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Binge - December 17th 2018, 02:20 PM

Hey,
I just want to say that size and weight doesn't matter when it comes to eating disorders. I have been underweight, normal weight, over weight, and obese and still had an eating disorder.

I know it is really hard to talk about it, but in order to get better you have to. If it is to hard for you to talk about it, maybe you can write a letter to your care team to let them know you have this problem and want help with it.

If you ever need to talk I am always here for you. I really understand there. I have been dealing with my ED since I was 15 and am now 27.
Your friend,
Frankie<3

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain

Regular TeenHelper

Re: Binge - December 17th 2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh, Bother View Post
Hey,
I just want to say that size and weight doesn't matter when it comes to eating disorders. I have been underweight, normal weight, over weight, and obese and still had an eating disorder.

I know it is really hard to talk about it, but in order to get better you have to. If it is to hard for you to talk about it, maybe you can write a letter to your care team to let them know you have this problem and want help with it.

If you ever need to talk I am always here for you. I really understand there. I have been dealing with my ED since I was 15 and am now 27.
Your friend,
Frankie<3
Thank you lovely
I know it doesnt have anything to do with weight, it’s in your mind.
I’ve had the diagnosis for almost 8 years. I hate this horrible disease..

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain

Regular TeenHelper

Re: Binge - December 18th 2018, 08:33 AM

Things are going better
Thanks for your support <3

(#17 (permalink)) Old
*Tutu* Offline
Dancing through life
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rory

Re: Binge - December 22nd 2018, 11:26 PM

Lucy, I have been struggling with an ED and body imaging since I was 11 years old. I am a Ballet dancer and body image is very important and at the age of 11 it became out of control important to me landing me in the adolescent ED Unit for the first time at the hospital. I would have a total of 3 trips to that same hospital until I was 13 years old. I know how difficult it is dealing with an ED. I am glad to see that you said you are doing better with your binging. I agree that keeping yourself involved in something and even just eating with others and having someone that is accountable at all times for you is really important. That was my mom when I was home. Now I attend a Ballet school far from home in a different country which throws a little wrench into things. I am surviving but it is hard. I keep myself really active with dancing and have a lot of dorm mates who without really knowing it keep an eye on me. So if you can try that.

Closed Thread