TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

Sad - March 8th 2019, 05:12 AM

[SIZE="a"]I try to control my emotions by eating. Of coarse, it doesn't work and I'm stuck with so much food inside. So I try to get rid of it using [EDIT] as a natural laxative or attempting to vomit. I haven't succeeded in vomiting though. I don't have anybody to turn to. I feel worthless because I can't talk to anyone without being told to "just stop" therefore I eat more.[/size]

Last edited by Oh, Bother; March 8th 2019 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Methods of purging are against the rules.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Oh, Bother Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Sad - March 8th 2019, 07:40 AM

Hey,
I am so sorry you are having a rough time right now.

I know how easy it is to stuff your emotions with food and how it can be comforting. I'm not sure if you have been taught not to show your emotions, or if your embarrassed by them or what. But I think you should try and figure out why you stuff them down instead of letting them out and dealing with them. I think once you have an idea on why you do this then you can start to deal with it. As for the purging, I am glad you haven't been able to. It is very addicting and dangerous.

I really think you should talk to a doctor, a trusted adult, or even ask your parents to help you find a therapist if you cannot talk to them. A therapist will give you different ways on how to let your emotions out that aren't harmful and they can even recommend a nutritionist if they think you need one.

A lot of people struggle with emotional eating, that doesn't make you are them worthless at all. I think you are strong and brave since you know this is an issue and you are reaching out and trying to figure out how to deal with this in a healthy way.

If you ever need to talk, I am just a PM/VM away.
Your Friend,
Frankie<3

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.
Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.
Just walk beside me and be my friend"
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|