TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ShAtTerEd HeaRt Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Winter

Best way to get skinnier? - February 13th 2010, 07:43 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Well im a bit frustrated a dissapointed. ive gained some weight over these past weeks from Partys, holidays, ect. and i worked hard on getting rid of the pounds in an unhealthy way,
now i wanna go on a diet and keep it off. im 13 not if any of you need to know.

ive bene using our wii fit and it works pretty well for me. i just wanna lose that weight within a couple of weeks (the weight ive gained is only a couple of pounds and i wanna reach my goal but now that ive gained weight from eating junk food and not excersicing im back to the start)

whats the best things for me to eat that arent gonna have low calories in it? and what other things cuz i do to lose that weight within 2 weeks?

i wud really like to get ot off so i can work on losing all of that weight.

-winter

Met you from a tie between u and me buddy,
Saw you from my wired eyes with a twisted little lie, and my mind told me negative when i had a wish to own you with my heart, buddy and you split like twigs, senses told her i fell for him, and she told me "i loved him, and go get him" And while i said "negative he said "correct" <3

Me and ? = 3 days which =correct

(#2 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Best way to get skinnier? - February 13th 2010, 08:20 PM

i think you should put your focus on getting healthier rather than getting skinnier.. seeing as you're still so young your body is changing and putting on a little weight now and again is totally normal. but in order to get a healthier diet i'd cut out fizzy drinks and junk food snacks like crisps and sweets. for exercise i don't think the wii fit will do too much for you, it's more of a fun activity than an actual workout.. maybe you could try swimming or cycling?. exercise doesn't have to be boring and horrible, make it fun!

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Best way to get skinnier? - February 13th 2010, 08:28 PM

Losing weight can be hard, but if you are going to try to, you need to do it the healthy way, not by restricting or whatever it might be.Cutting back on junk food and drinking more water will help. That doesn't mean you can't eat any junk food, just try to eat like fruit before reaching for crisps.Also, you might want to talk to your mum, or even your doctor. You may not even need to lose weight. You are only thirteen, so your body is still growing and changing, and it will continue to do so.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
ShAtTerEd HeaRt Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Winter

Re: Best way to get skinnier? - February 13th 2010, 11:30 PM

No im not saying how i regulerly eat i mean like lose weight. and i really dont care if im still changing i just wanna be skinny and yes for me the wii fit does seem to work becuz i have lost weight quite a bit from it. all im asking is tips on how to do so.
i know im only 13 but still, im not really looking for people to say i dont need to lose weight. its my choice and im not gonna change my choice. i know my doctor and my mom wud say i dont but hey, its not gonna hurt me really to lose a couple pounds.

so im not trying to be rude but im getting my point around that i dont want to gain anymore weight this year i have made a goal as my year resolution and that it to lose weight. all im looking for is tips on how to lose weight quickly in a healthy way.
im not going to be satisfied with people saying i dont need to lose weight. thats not really advise to me

Met you from a tie between u and me buddy,
Saw you from my wired eyes with a twisted little lie, and my mind told me negative when i had a wish to own you with my heart, buddy and you split like twigs, senses told her i fell for him, and she told me "i loved him, and go get him" And while i said "negative he said "correct" <3

Me and ? = 3 days which =correct

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: Best way to get skinnier? - February 14th 2010, 01:29 AM

Hey Winter,

I can understand you being frustrated from not getting the advice you want. The thing is, though, since we are a pro-recovery forum, we're not going to advise you on how to lose weight if that's not a healthy thing for your body. If, let's say, you go to your doctor and your doctor tells you that you are overweight and it would be healthy for your body to lose a set number of pounds, then that's a different situation. Then, the healthiest thing for your body would be to lose weight, and we could absolutely support you in that.

But, in a general sense--if you are eating medium, frequent meals throughout the day, drinking plenty of water, and getting regular moderate exercise, your body WILL level out where it's supposed to be--I promise.

Best of luck to you.
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Best way to get skinnier? - February 14th 2010, 04:42 AM

Honestly, the approach I have taken is to eat the same food, but smaller (half to 2/3 of what I used to) portions, and replace my lunch with a salad. On top of that, I work out with our Wii Fit, which is quite possibly the best thing my family has ever bought for my health.

The way I see it, it's difficult to stick with a "diet" if you don't like what you're eating. My dad "dieted" the same way I did (he's where I got the idea) and went from an obese BMI to a normal BMI in about a year and a half.

The thing to remember, any weight loss more than[Edit] lbs a week or so isn't really healthy in the long run (except for initial "water weight" loss, which tends to be rapid). In order to lose weight in a healthy manner, you have to be patient.

Last edited by Casey.; February 14th 2010 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Please don't post any weight numbers, it's against the TOS

(#7 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Best way to get skinnier? - February 14th 2010, 09:56 PM

The reason you are not getting replies you would like is because we can not (by the rules of TH) give you unhealthy methods to obtain fast and dramatic weight loss. In fact, there is no healthy way to do so. The best advice I can give you from personal experience is to take the long road. It's hard in the beginning, but provides you with long lasting healthy results. Skinny doesn't mean healthy.

I know maybe you're not thinking about healthy, but I suggest you start. Because it gets harder and harder to stick to strict diets. I've done them. You never really get to enjoy life or food on them. Maybe instead of trying to lose weight you should work on building muscle and toning up? Healthy living is not just about how much you weigh. It's not about diets, it's about a lifestyle change. Eat lots of lean meats, protein, veggies and fruits. You might want to try eating 5 small meals a day. Generally separated by 3 hours each. This keeps your metabolism working so you're not fueling and then starving your body. Which, gives you a steady level of energy. Quick methods of weight loss are always hard to maintain results. Which, in the end, only cause weight gain and eventually a worse feeling than when you started.

I lost a lot of weight from unhealthy methods because I became impatient. I had no energy. But I was skinny. But with being skinny, I couldn't enjoy life. I had no energy to do anything with anyone. It's not a lifestyle that is practical. Like everyone says, I suggest trying to be active for at least 30 minutes a day, 5 - 6 days a week and you'll start to notice changes. If you really have a goal and want permanent results, it's going to be worth waiting for. Try not to let this control your life though. Just eat healthy and be active. And you'll be proud of yourself for doing things the healthy way. Because it is harder, but it's worth it and you'll feel so much better.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

Closed Thread