TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Question How to tell someone... - March 10th 2010, 11:53 AM

I admit... I can't do this... I had a bowl of cereal, small, this morning... And I can barely keep it down anymore... I need help... But how do I tell someone? Who do I tell? We have a health nurse/support/counsulor type person here who I feel I can talk to. Should I tell them about all this...? I need help, and I am just getting worse and worse... I am really trying not to purge, actually, it's almost at the point where I don't have to purge, it's almost automatic... I am now scared to eat, ni fear of purging... And for the obvious reason... Anyways... Any advice as to whom I should tell and how would be extreamly appriciated... Thanks... sorry for posting so much...

We May Be Miles Apart. But Your Always Closer To The Moon. And Brighter Than The Stars

PM me anytime! =D
  Send a message via MSN to lost_chil Send a message via Skype™ to lost_chil 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Tiny_93 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Z

Re: How to tell someone... - March 10th 2010, 12:11 PM

Telling the nurse will be a start. She/he could help you to tell your friends and family, and most probably give you some better advice than us. You don't have to be alone in this, and the nurse could help you to get better

Though I'm no expert - none of us are - I know how hard it can be, having been through both anorexia and bulimia. But you've taken the first biggest step in asking for help. And I'm immensly proud of you for doing that. You sound like a strong person. So do go speak to that nurse!

Hope this helps. PM me any time

SH Free since:
22/12/09

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: How to tell someone... - March 11th 2010, 08:08 PM

I think telling the nurse would be a great idea. I know it will be scary but they are there to help you. The nurse should be able to direct you one where to go and what not.

Don't let the ED keep you from speaking up. The thing to remember is that ED's feed off of the fact that we keep things secret. Opening up and letting people know about the struggle is one of the first steps to letting go of the ED.

If you ever need to chat feel free to pm me.

Best of luck,

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Nina Twin Offline
So It Goes
Average Joe

Name: Marlie Elizabeth

Re: How to tell someone... - March 12th 2010, 03:47 AM

Hey Alice,
I'm afraid it's not going to be easy no matter who you tell, but I'm glad that you realize you need to tell someone - it shows that you recognize the importance and that you want to respect yourself more.
It would be great to start with the school counselor. He or she could help you tell your parents soon and you could get set up with a counselor outside of school. That way you could get the tools that you need to get better - and it would definitely be a good thing to have all the support you can get.
Just remember, you don't deserve this pain. You need to start getting better. Life is short and you need to take care of yourself. Life should not be measured by how far we fall, but how high we can climb.

"Life should not be measured by how far we can fall, but how high we can climb."

Send a message via MSN to Nina Twin  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: How to tell someone... - March 12th 2010, 05:44 AM

Hey Alice,

I agree with the girls above me. Tell your school counselor, they can help you either tell your parents, or to get help before this gets worse. Because it can get worse. Right now, you are at the early stages, and it's good that it has you worried, because that means you know it's unhealthy, and you know you don't need to treat yourself like that. A lot of people don't realize that until they are very deep into it. It's not going to be easy, but you can do this.Stay strong.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Unhappy March break... - March 12th 2010, 10:58 PM

Alright... I was not able to talk to the nurse at my school... And now school is over for a week... I need help on what to do... I don't know what I can do to help myself at this point in time...I am going an apple in the morning, and a slice of bread at night... Thats it... I am drinking water, and nothing but. Not as much as I need mind you, but just enough to get past... And was just rejected by my friend... I asked for help and she said "Alice, be happy" and thats it...I don't know what to do... I am going not even a meal a day now... I am sleeping more then I should... And I cna't keep saying "I'm not hungry" "I don't feel well" etc... They are getting suspocious... but if I eat any more, I will purge... The only friend I have told who hsan't shot me down is not someone who can really help, because he is dealing with drugs, etc... So I need another way to get help... And I am NOT telling my parents or family.

We May Be Miles Apart. But Your Always Closer To The Moon. And Brighter Than The Stars

PM me anytime! =D
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: How to tell someone... - March 13th 2010, 03:37 PM

... I want this thread deleted please. I am no longer seeking help. Someone please delete this.

PM me anytime! =D
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: How to tell someone... - March 13th 2010, 03:43 PM

Hi Alice,

I hope everything is okay--it seems kind of drastic for you to suddenly not be asking for help. Keep reaching out whenever you need it, okay? We are here for you, and it's important to keep finding people to talk to (like the nurse when you get back to school). I know how hard of a road recovery can be, but I promise you...it's worth it to keep going. Let me know if you ever want to talk.

I'll go ahead and close this now, at your request.

Jen

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
Closed Thread