TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Exclamation SKIN PEELING?!?!?! - April 1st 2010, 05:22 PM

Alright, I know I have a post going in here already, but this is an miportant question!

I have noticed lately... that my skin is peeling... Not majour, but like, every now and then I pull a strip off... I don't know if this has anything to do with my ED and everything I've been donig lately... but I am really scared because I was fine last class, then this class, my hand is peeling...

Is this caused by my ed? Or is this just natural? Any advice would be great pelase! Really really scared!

We May Be Miles Apart. But Your Always Closer To The Moon. And Brighter Than The Stars

PM me anytime! =D
  Send a message via MSN to lost_chil Send a message via Skype™ to lost_chil 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: SKIN PEELING?!?!?! - April 1st 2010, 09:05 PM

Hey, im not sure if it is to do with ed but the other day i waa itching my foot and al this skin just came off, and hell it was a lot of skin. It may just be dry skin though, maybe a bit dehydrated because of lack of food. Sorry i cant answer ur question but thought i would comment and let you know i have noticed that too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Elizabeth Offline
Just keep swimming!
I've been here a while

Name: Elizabeth

Re: SKIN PEELING?!?!?! - April 1st 2010, 10:29 PM

This happends to me when I get sun burned. Did you burn yourself at all?
This is concerning and I would bring it up with a doctor.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: SKIN PEELING?!?!?! - April 1st 2010, 11:19 PM

You are probably not getting enough nutrition. You should go to the doctor or to the store and get some multi-vitamins, try eating some healthier foods and get into the habit of eating 3 full meals a day, take good care of your body. You don't want to be unhealthy and all skinny looking.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Yen Offline
Resident Leprechaun
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ian

Re: SKIN PEELING?!?!?! - April 1st 2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon.Kingdom View Post
You are probably not getting enough nutrition. You should go to the doctor or to the store and get some multi-vitamins, try eating some healthier foods and get into the habit of eating 3 full meals a day, take good care of your body. You don't want to be unhealthy and all skinny looking.
Exactly. I've been there and know how hard an eating disorder can be . I also know, first hand, the devastation it brings on the body. Skin peeling never happened to me... I did get extremely dry and itchy skin though. If it concerns you, bring it up with a doctor. If you don't want to take it that far yet, then definitely work on nutrition and food patterns . Take care, okay?

"Why isn't bull-riding (Beef NASCAR as I call it) the American sport to end all sports? It's an epic battle of the wills between a man and an angry cheeseburger; and if that doesn't typify our awesome civilization, I don't know what does."

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: SKIN PEELING?!?!?! - April 2nd 2010, 01:42 AM

The only answer I can give you, is it depends. Lack of nutrition could cause your skin to peel, however I haven't heard of that happening often. Skin on your hands(and feet) will peel, it's natural. If you purge, the skin on your fingers will peel and form clauses( I'm not sure I spelled that right...) But if your skin is itchy,dry, or rough, it's going to peel. You can talk to your doctor about it if you are worried, but skin grows rather fast, so it should be ok.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
Closed Thread