TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Imaginary Offline
Average Joe

I really hate eating. - April 13th 2010, 08:56 AM

Not sure if I have an eating disorder; I don't know much about them. But I really don't like eating. It's such a chore. I have depression which contributes to it I guess, but it takes so much energy to prepare it, put it in a bowl or something and then lift up the fork and chew and swallow repeat. I have some bad memories associated with eating. My mother used to yell a lot whenever I left my room, so I tried to stay in there, usually without food. Could that be why I don't like eating? Or am I just lazy, which I'm pretty fine with?

I was given my Prozac by my mother today as usual, and I didn't take it because that would mean I would have to move from my near catotonic state and get some food. So I'm a little demented right now and I can't really close my eyes.

myspace.com/lonesome_fish for poetry. I like feedback sometimes. And I like smiley faces .

Last edited by Jen; April 14th 2010 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Removing trigger prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eljoria Offline
I'mAlwaysHereHelping. (:
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jade

Re: I really hate eating. - April 13th 2010, 04:22 PM

Aw, I feel so sorry for you and you should try to ignore your mum's yelling and your memories, try blocking out the thoughts and try to think positive out of it. && Maybe it is that. But don't let it overcome you and try to fight it back.

I'm here if you need, just PM me.

Jay

Live the life.
  Send a message via MSN to Eljoria  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: I really hate eating. - April 13th 2010, 09:32 PM

Hey, yes you do have to try and ignore your mother yelling at you. When you're not feeling great, the worse thing is to have someone else mad at you.
I am not sure that you have an eating disorder quite yet, but it could always turn into one, and they are really awful you do not want to get one! Also, is it really that much effort for you? Are you extremely fatigued or something, because if you really cannot be bothered doing simple movements, like eating with a fork, maybe there is another problem.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Imaginary Offline
Average Joe

Re: I really hate eating. - April 14th 2010, 07:27 AM

Thanks. I'll try eating more. I really don't want to get an eating disorder.

Thank you for being so nice to me. I was really worried someone was going to make fun of me or tell me I was a moron.

I think the fatigue thing might also be something to look into. I don't really want to move right now, but I think I'm going to force myself to eat some food. Thank you again for being so kind.

myspace.com/lonesome_fish for poetry. I like feedback sometimes. And I like smiley faces .

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: I really hate eating. - April 15th 2010, 04:24 AM

It might have something to do with your medication. Some anti-depressants will make you not hungry. You do need to try to eat though, I know it can be hard, but keep trying. Try to ignore the yelling, food is more important, as without food your body can not function, and you need to function. Just hang in there.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: I really hate eating. - April 15th 2010, 06:34 PM

Yes, it may well be the meds, or possibly a temporary hormonal thing. One technique I use to use was to delay one of my meals, until I actually started to get hungry so I would want to start eating again. It would sort of condition me to like eating - mind you if you're eating very little already then it might not be a good idea!
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Imaginary Offline
Average Joe

Re: I really hate eating. - April 17th 2010, 09:43 AM

I don't have regular meal times and I have a wonky sleep schedual so I am up for the night and getting food makes me scared because my mother is asleep and then she'll get angry if I upset her.... I think I should eat now but I'm scared. But I'm going to do it because you've all been so nice to me .

Thank you thank you thank you. I like when people are nice to me.

Closed Thread