TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
adelina.rose Offline
Not a n00b

Name: adelina rose

i think.. - April 13th 2010, 12:27 PM

i think im getting an eating disorder.food has become my enemy. im losing weight. and im thinking and saying im fat when at the same time i know im losing weight. but im seeing myself as fatter and fatter. whats wrong with me? please help! im scaring myself.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eljoria Offline
I'mAlwaysHereHelping. (:
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jade

Re: i think.. - April 13th 2010, 04:18 PM

When people lose weight, they believe they're fat, when they're fat sometimes they believe they're thin. But you should try to think it in a differen way, try eating new things, and if you try fruit, hopefully it'll change the way you think of food.

PM me if you need me.

Jay

Live the life.
  Send a message via MSN to Eljoria  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: i think.. - April 14th 2010, 12:38 AM

Hey,

It does seem like you are experiencing some disordered thoughts and disordered behaviors regarding food and body image. Do you have any insight as to how this started? Sometimes people notice that their food behaviors and thoughts began shortly after an upsetting event, a period of high stress, an emotional time, etc. Does anything seem to trigger you? Understanding what's behind your thoughts and behaviors is the key to getting back on track.

It also might be a good idea to talk with a parent, teacher, or other adult you trust--it's always good to have support, and will be helpful in getting you back on a healthy path!

Take care of yourself.
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
adelina.rose Offline
Not a n00b

Name: adelina rose

Re: i think.. - April 14th 2010, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Hey,

It does seem like you are experiencing some disordered thoughts and disordered behaviors regarding food and body image. Do you have any insight as to how this started? Sometimes people notice that their food behaviors and thoughts began shortly after an upsetting event, a period of high stress, an emotional time, etc. Does anything seem to trigger you? Understanding what's behind your thoughts and behaviors is the key to getting back on track.

It also might be a good idea to talk with a parent, teacher, or other adult you trust--it's always good to have support, and will be helpful in getting you back on a healthy path!

Take care of yourself.
<3
i do know when and how it started. breaking up with a boyfriend. it was so complicated

(#5 (permalink)) Old
*dreaming
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ellie

Re: i think.. - April 14th 2010, 07:36 PM

Hi there Adelina (pretty name by the way!) I do have to agree with what Jen said, by what you've posted it definitely seems like you're thoughts towards your body image and food aren't healthy, and this is shown by the fact that you've lost weight and that you feel like you need to loose weight. I'm sorry to hear about you splitting up with your boyfriend, I know how you feel, it's really not a nice feeling because it can make it feel like you're not good enough, which might be what's led you to act like this with your eating. What you need to understand though is that doing this to yourself will not make it better.

The fact that you've posted this is actually a really good thing, and I'm really glad that you've admitted that you're scared of what's happening, because it's important that you understand that you shouldn't be acting in this way. Is there anyone you feel like you can talk to about this? Talk through everything about the breakup might make you realise that there are people who care, and might help you a lot, it did with me and makes you realise who your real friends are. If you want to talk through things with me feel free, but I do think it's important to have someone who can help you through this.

Take care, here if you need anything,
Ellie x

Closed Thread