TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lil'OrphanAnnie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Rose

feels like its coming back - May 30th 2010, 02:38 AM

It feels like my ED is coming back. I have been eating and eating and eating. I also noticed that im eating alone a lot more, and that i eat until i am ready to throw up. I am a failure. I cant even keep this under control. I hate being a fat ass. ugh i just hate being me. I just needed to vent. Any suggestions and advice is welcome.

The Unicorn
-The beautiful white horse with the magical horn that heals. <3

Last edited by Casey.; June 1st 2010 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Removing prefix to fit with the new guidelines.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: feels like its coming back - May 30th 2010, 02:05 PM

Hey Rose,

You are definitely not a failure. EDs are really tricky habits to break, and illnesses to overcome. Calling yourself a failure, and putting yourself down, isn't going to make it any easier! So, if you can, start by encouraging yourself instead of berating yourself.

Are you getting any support? Have you tried using alternatives to binging? When you feel the urge to binge, try distracting yourself first--even use one of the self-harm alternatives if that's helpful. Do whatever you need to do to keep busy and wait until the urge passes. It's also helpful to write, in a journal or blog, so you can begin identifying patterns that lead you to binge. Maybe a particular emotion triggers it, or a situation. Once you know your triggers, you can avoid them and work through them.

Stay strong, I believe in you!
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: feels like its coming back - May 31st 2010, 06:23 AM

Rose,

You are not a failure. I promise you that much. Slip ups happen. That is part of recovery. We grow from the slips ups. We learn from them and move on. The most important thing is to not look at this as failing. Don't beat yourself up about it because that is exactly what ED wants. Instead tell yourself 'I am struggling but I will make it through. There is no reason to be angry with myself. I am not a failure.'

I highly suggest that you find some support. If you are in therapy etc talk to your therapist let him/her know what is going on so they can help you through this. If your parents know about you ED talk to them about it so they can help you through. Do not be afraid to lean on people for support because that is something ED doesn't want. ED wants you to keep yourself locked away from your family and friends so that he can consume you. Fight back and ask for support.

You can beat this.

If you need anything feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: feels like its coming back - June 1st 2010, 03:05 AM

Rose,

You are not a failure, and I seriously doubt that you are fat. We all slip sometimes, but that doesn't mean you failed, just that you have to get back up and try again. When you feel like binging, go for a walk or do something to take your mind off it. Figure out what causes you to binge, and then you can work at not binging when those triggers occur. You might also want to think about talking to someone, as the two lovely ladies above me mentioned.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Lil'OrphanAnnie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Rose

Re: feels like its coming back - June 1st 2010, 05:52 PM

hey everyone, thank you for commenting on this.
My triggers right now are:
Wanting to become a dancer
Not having anything to do till august
feeling depressed
and thinking too much
And I have a therepist, but i havent seen him in 3 weeks. he wont return my calls. Ugh.

The Unicorn
-The beautiful white horse with the magical horn that heals. <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Lexy9e Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alexis Zoe<3

Re: feels like its coming back - June 2nd 2010, 07:21 AM

Rosie dear!

I know how you feel, but you have to fight the urges and temptations. One thing I used to do when battling my ED disorder and still do is go to the gym instead or just take a walk to get my mind off of making myself purge. It made me feel better about my body and got my mind off of it. You need to realize how beautiful you are and how you do not deserve to be going through this struggle. We all have relapses and have worse moments with our disorders, but if you can fight it and try your best then you have to remember those improvements and how good they made you feel when you are at a low again. Please if you can see a therapist or someone that can help you as well. I'm always here for you to confide in as well.

Best,
Lexy

Closed Thread