TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*luna* Offline
THAT girl!!!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: luna

ok so yeah - June 2nd 2010, 05:08 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

ok i am big. i know this. and i have aneroxia. yes you can have/be both. please dont start an aguement in this thread over that cause i only have a limited time on the computer. but yeah its really bad... it can get to the point that i just want to cut the fat off. then i want to stop eating cause i thought of that. then i want to cut cause i thought of stop eating again..... anyone have anytips please???

Last edited by Casey.; June 3rd 2010 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Changing trigger tag to fit the new guidelines.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Voldemort Offline
Touch My Deathstick
Average Joe

Name: Jade

Re: ok so yeah - June 2nd 2010, 06:26 PM

I know it can be hard trying to deal with these feelings, and the longer you have to live with it the harder.
Have you considered talking to someone about this? It could do you some good.
It would be worth it, you can get some support on how to deal with your thoughts on food, as well as self harm.
Stay safe, and feel free to PM me if you have time.

Dance like you mean it.

Buddy from 4th January 2010 - 16th March 2010... Buddy again from 8th September 2010 - October 16th 2011
  Send a message via MSN to Voldemort  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Tiny_93 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Z

Re: ok so yeah - June 2nd 2010, 06:44 PM

As Maria said above, you need some support, rather than going through this alone. An ED is not a nice thing, I know, so you need to find a way to deal with it healthily. If you're trying to lose weight, have you thought about a healthy diet and exercise? This can help the ED too as you teach yourself that food is ok.

SH Free since:
22/12/09

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: ok so yeah - June 3rd 2010, 06:40 AM

Luna,

Of course you can have anorexia and be average weight, or even over weight. That's not debatable. It's fact. There are other ways to lose weight, besides starving. Like eating healthy, exercise, and drinking lots of water. I'm sure you know that. There are other ways to control your body, control your life, besides cutting and starving, there are.

Talking to someone, as the two lovely ladies above me suggested, is a really good idea. Even just a parent/guardian or a friend. Talking to a counselor, whether it be a professional counselor, school counselor, or camp counselor, can help. You do not have to do this alone. It's almost impossible to fight an eating disorder alone. Please reach out to someone, even if you just keep reaching out to us. You don't have to do this alone.

Just hang in there, and stay strong.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
*luna* Offline
THAT girl!!!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: ok so yeah - June 3rd 2010, 05:01 PM

its hardf to stay strong. i have no one around here that will help. people around me tend to go over board on saying that its not possible for me to have an eating disorder..... unless its over eating..... i tried talking to my counselor about it. she didnt do anything. she acted like all i did was say "oh well i made some pork chops on the grill the other day. they were tastey" she dont help with anything... the only reason i even go to her is for the courts... please dont ask... my boyfriend does help to a point.... but his tactics can be quite extreme... he says i eat or no time on the phone and less time on text message... that doesnt really help much.... a lot of the time it makes things worse... its not that i dont know how to make healthy meals and what-not... i love to cook..... for other people.... its just when i see myself in the mirror i see absoultly no reason to eat.... this is hard for me to talk about.... hard enuf in fact that i have never said this out loud.......

(#6 (permalink)) Old
*luna* Offline
THAT girl!!!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation this was a miss type - June 4th 2010, 02:53 PM

first off yes i know there is an edit function dont need the lecture... there is a reason i am replying this way as you will soon find out.

so last night when my boyfriend couldn't he was looking through my posts and found this:

Quote:
my boyfriend does help to a point.... but his tactics can be quite extreme... he says i eat or no time on the phone and less time on text message... that doesnt really help much.... a lot of the time it makes things worse...

i didnt mean to make sound like that is what we were doing. that was his only idea. sometimes when im typing my whole thought process doesnt make it onto the page. especially when i am on a time limit like i am now.

so for any misunderstanding or any confusion there of i appologize. im sorry baby

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Steph-O
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stephanie

Re: ok so yeah - June 7th 2010, 04:11 AM

First of all I understand how you feel, when I was going through my bulimia I would feel like I wanted to just get rid of the fat and it was imperitive and it had to happen as fast as possible, but the only thing I can say is that you have to stop this mindset before you can healthily lose weight. You have to learn to love yourself at every weight, and stop thinking that you are only good for something if you are smaller, cuz that's not true. I promise. I understand you. Also about the boyfriend thing. It is very difficult for people that care about you to understand the seriousness and the pain that you feel. They do not understand what will help you, so they tend to say EVERYTHING wrong and do EVERYTHING wrong. My parents did the same thing, even when I was tiny and really sick, they didn't know whats going on. Only professionals and people that have gone through this will ever understand. It's hard to come to grips with, but you have to learn to not take what those other people say to heart and don't waste your energy trying to explain something that they wont be albe to understand... I spent many days and nights trying to explain to people what I was going through and I never got a smidgen of what I needed. I advise you talk to someone professional, and talk to people that are recovered. I know when you are in this that it's hard to want to get better, and it's scary... and you don't really want to talk to the people that recovered... you want to talk to the people that are going through it NOW with you, but believe me, it's not the best way to go. If you need someone to talk to and need someone to care and understand I will always be here. I check my mail atleast once a day, and I'll be happy to be here for you so PM me any time.

with ED love,
Steph-O

Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. - A Beautiful Mind

I met Steven October 3rd, 2008. We've been practically inseperable ever since. ♥
  Send a message via AIM to darkinnocenteyes Send a message via Skype™ to darkinnocenteyes 
Closed Thread