TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Unhappy In over my head? - June 24th 2010, 02:31 AM

Lately, I've been really hating my body. I look at myself with DISGUST... I decided that I NEED to do something about it... So, I decided to eat nearly nothing... about [Edited by Jen]. Then, I started eating and working out WAY TOO MUCH.... Then I ate less, but I'd eat a LOT of snacks when I got home, and I'd puke it all up... Now, whenever I eat, my stomach gets upset and I feel like I'm going to get sick. I hate eating. I hate food. I hate not working out. I hate being fat... I don't have an eating disorder, but I think I'm in over my head... What do I do?!

P.S. I'm getting over self harm... If that helps you get a feel for who I am...

Last edited by Jen; June 25th 2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Please do not post calorie/weight figures; it's against the ToS.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: In over my head? - June 24th 2010, 08:01 AM

I'm sorry, but I think you have got an eating disorder. Obviously I cannot diagnose you but it cirtainly sounds like it

There's a lot to deal with. Firstly, start eating. Eating small amounts more often helps, and softer things so you don't feel weighed down or heavy afterwards. If you find this too hard, then eating fruit smoothies are a good way of keeping in control as its just liquid but contains a lot of what you need.

You need to address your relationship with food. This all came from disliking yourself. A good thing to do is spoil yourself. Face packs, long hot soaks in the bath, perfect nail varnish, getting your hair done, trying something new with the makeup, or new clothes. Anything that makes you feel beautiful. It certainly helps. I promise.

Please don't let this get worse. It will only continue to get worse and worse, and you don't want that. I promise.

Remember, you are beautiful.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: In over my head? - June 24th 2010, 02:39 PM

Thank you! Those are really good ideas... I might try them... And I'm trying not to let it get worse, but it just does, and I'm getting really scared.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: In over my head? - June 24th 2010, 02:50 PM

It's okay to be scared. You've got the right attitude. You're fighting. Fighting against it is hard and a brave thing to do. We're all here if you need us

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ponygirl733 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: In over my head? - June 24th 2010, 05:20 PM

I agree that it sounds like you have an eating disorder. It is great that you want to fight it and get better. You might need the help of someone else, because often, early in an ED it is hard to to alone. It is normal to be scared, but it is important to really try to do this now before you end up with very serious health problems

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: In over my head? - June 25th 2010, 08:09 PM

I'd also add that you might want to consider talking to someone about your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. Having support is the most important factor in getting back to a healthier mindset. Reach out to any adult (like a parent, teacher, etc.) who you might trust, and let them know what's going on. They can support you and also help get you in touch with any professional support that might benefit you.

Hang in there--you can do this!
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: In over my head? - June 27th 2010, 04:11 PM

I see a therapist... but I'm just too afraid to tell her. I'm afraid she'll tell my parents... And I don't want to disappoint my mom agian.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Sonshine7 Offline
Shine Bright
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: In over my head? - July 6th 2010, 06:42 PM

remember you are so much more than your weight look for all the good in your life sometimes we all get over are head and need help all of us,Know you are not ever alone somebody somewhere cares for you and wants to help understand that you don't need to put so much pressure on yourself to be perfect,Many times people in our lives do they say things that hurt us but forgive them and just keep walking you will overcome this it may take a little time,But after it all I believe you will help many people and understand how it feels to walk in their shoes,You are going to do great things so shine on!!!!

Closed Thread