TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Open my eyes
Average Joe

Name: Esther

I don't want it back :( - June 24th 2010, 11:51 AM

I was allowed to exercise (running) by my therapist again after I got a healthy weight, it was still a bit low, but mostly healthy anyways.
I think exercising has helped me A LOT to stop throwing up, but now it's summer. I did sh and I have my forearms full of scars, and I can't use a t-shirt or people would start to look at me and talk on my back, I know they don't know me, but it hurts me so bad.
The truth is I feel overheated, like I'm going to faint (I'm eating the average meals though) but I feel like if I stop exercising, I'll start puking again.
I wonder if I've become a bulimic-non-purging type, or I'm pretty much overcoming it, because it feels like I have a HUGE obsession on burning caloies, doesn't matter the price but on the other hand sport makes me feel good with myself, free I mean.
What else can I do? I can't show my arms, it's sooo hot here (36șC) and sport is what's saving me from throwing up :/ I need help.

Fear Cuts Deeper Than Knives

"And if you told me 'go to the hell', I'd tell you I know pretty well that place"
  Send a message via MSN to Ess The Morgenstern * Send a message via Skype™ to Ess The Morgenstern * 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
haveXhope Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I don't want it back :( - June 24th 2010, 04:24 PM

Hi.

People always used to talk about me and my scars on my arms but I learned to ignore them, because honestly they're not worth getting upset over.
I know it's tough to get through and stuff but you have to try to not care what people say behind your back about your scars. Cause feeling like your going to faint cause of the heat, isn't a fun feeling at all.

Now for exercising, I suggest you do fun things that keep you going.. Like riding a bike or walking or swimming. I'm the same way. I HAVE to keep myself busy so I won't throw up. I eat only when I'm forced to and I hate it. It's something you have to try to get through, with support of people.

Anytime you want to talk, PM me, I'm here for you.

Bri.
I wanna know how it feels to be happy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ponygirl733 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Smile Re: I don't want it back :( - June 24th 2010, 04:56 PM

I think I know what you mean. I was anorexic for a couple of years,in and out of ED treatment centers. I now consider myself mostly recovered, but feel like I have to exercise off all my food. Sometimes it drives me crazy. l also went through a period of binge-starve-binge-starve.I don't know if this is technically bulimia, but it almost felt like the starving and exercising was my way of purging. Anyway, in my opinion, feeling like you have to exercise is a form of purging.

Try to remember that recovering from an ED is a process. EDs constantly change shape, but it sounds like you are doing better than you were. Try to tell someone about it. If the exercise gets worse (exercising all night, etc.) it could be a serious problem. Try to do sports or some exercise you enjoy so it's not all about burning calories.

Can't relate about not showing your arms, but if it's so hot it's making u miserable, I would wear short sleeves. You probably think people will notice/think about them more than they actually will.

Good luck

Last edited by ponygirl733; June 24th 2010 at 05:52 PM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Open my eyes
Average Joe

Name: Esther

Re: I don't want it back :( - June 24th 2010, 05:53 PM

thank you! well, as I have BDD too it's hard for me to think people isn't looking at my scars, it's like "damn, they're looking, I'd better hide and get ride of the cals by puking" but I know it isn't ok, so I guess I have to try not to think about anyone... afterwards they don't know me and they don't know what I'm going through.
Thank you

Fear Cuts Deeper Than Knives

"And if you told me 'go to the hell', I'd tell you I know pretty well that place"
  Send a message via MSN to Ess The Morgenstern * Send a message via Skype™ to Ess The Morgenstern * 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
LeahLouise Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Leah Louise

Re: I don't want it back :( - June 25th 2010, 01:59 AM

To be fair, scars are scars. You know the true story - other people don't.
if people ask, tell them "it's a long story." and change conversation.
good luck x
  Send a message via AIM to LeahLouise Send a message via MSN to LeahLouise  
Closed Thread