TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
luckyblue_e Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Emily

Question Some advice, please? - June 27th 2010, 04:53 PM

Well, I wasn't sure where to put this, so I hope this is right...I was just wondering if anyone thinks I have an eating disorder? Sorry if I offend anyone, and sorry if this is really long.

Okay, so, I'm really heavyset. I'm not skinny and just say I'm fat, so I really am heavyset, (Really trying not to offend people! ) but I joke about it all the time. I mean, I don't talk about other people, I just talk about myself. Can't laugh at someone else unless you can laugh at yourself, right?

Anyways, I make jokes about myself all the time, and I'm kinda alright with how I look, and all my friends have said I'm comfortable in my skin, and I suppose that's right...but then again, sometimes, I hate the way I look. I really really do. I hate my face, the way I look, I hate my weight. I hate it all the time--all of it--but I joke around and pretend I don't care, because I guess I feel like as long as I'm laughing at myself and call myself fat, no one will think something like "God, look at the fat chick. Does she even know how fat she is?" I don't know...I know it's not rational...

And lately (a long time, actually...) I haven't really been eating. When school was going on, I would eat at school, and maybe dinner at home. But now that's it's summer, I haven't really been eating...I may eat some dinner, but that's about it, if I even eat that. If I get really hungry I may have a slice of bread...

I think I mostly forget to eat. Not like 'forget' to eat, but I really do forget. And I'm sorry if that was offensive. I'm trying not to be, and if me saying sorry for being offensive is offensive, then I'm sorry for that, too. I don't really know much about eating disorders, and I think I'm really just even talking about this because all I've heard are sterotypes, or things I've heard in lectures, or read about.

But, anyways, I forget to eat sometimes, and then I may feel hungry, but I tell myself as soon as I finish what I'm doing, I'll get something to eat, then I'll forget I was hungry...sometimes my stomach will growl, but I'll still not eat, because sometimes I don't even feel hungry...

It's not consious, though. I don't think to myself "Okay, I'm fat, I'm not going to eat today, or for a whole week" or something like that. And lately I've been getting dizzy a lot. At anytime, if I'm lying down, standing, whatever. I'll get dizzy. And so of course if I move too fast, I get dizzy, too. I don't know. I just thought maybe I would ask and get someone else's opinion on it.

Sorry this was really long, and probably rambling a lot. And I'm sorry if I managed to offend anyone with sterotypes, or anything like that.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Christine
Location: Outer Space, MilkyWay Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, USA

Re: Some advice, please? - June 27th 2010, 06:29 PM

It sounds like what you are going through is what I would call pre-anorexia. You have a low self-image and you aren't eating properly. If you aren't hungry, then don't eat. People can't live on bread alone, either. Eat some fruit or some vegetables instead of bread. It will help fill you up and you will lose weight, but healthily.

I would also get some help, before it turns into anorexia. Anorexia is not fun, and it's not that glamorous either. There are severe side effects to not eating, a lot of them have long-term effects.

Also, you shouldn't offend anyone with your post. Don't apologize constantly cuz that really distracts people.

I really hoped I helped. If you want to chat, send a PM my way.

YOU CANT STOP THE BEAT!
WELCOME TO THE 60's!
N.Y.C!
NICEST KIDS IN TOWN!
TELEPHONE HOUR!
TOMORROW!
KING OF NEW YORK!
SEIZE THE DAY!
LITTLE GIRLS!
LADIES CHOICE!
ANYTHING YOU CAN DO (I CAN DO BETTER)!
ME AND MY GIRL!
THE LAMBETH WALK!
IN THE HEIGHTS!
GREASED LIGHTNIN'!
YOU WOULD IF YOU COULD!
THE SUN HAS GOT HIS HAT ON!
IM GONNA WASH THAT MAN RIGHT OUTTA MY HAIR!
LETS HEAR IT FOR THE BOY!
BEETHOVEN DAY!
HAPPINESS!
MAMA, IM A BIG GIRL NOW!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
luckyblue_e Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Some advice, please? - June 27th 2010, 06:46 PM

Thanks. Since all I basically know are sterotypes, I was worried about offending someone. Like all I know really about eating disorders are you either eat a lot, don't eat at all, or think you're fat when you're really skinny as a stick, or force yourself to throw up to be skinny. Which I don't think I'd have a problem with...I hate throwing up. I just wanted some advice, since all I know is sterotypes. =/

Thanks again! (:

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Jessica

Re: Some advice, please? - July 5th 2010, 02:06 AM

As Christine said, it sounds like pre-anorexia. If you are worried that it could go further I would definately look into getting somehelp before it does. Trust me, anorexia is a nasty habbit.
The dizziness is most likely from not eating. That was one of my biggest issues was that I would be constantly dizzy from a low blood-sugar level. This, along with other side effects can really mess up your body.
If you want to talk feel free to PM me. Best of luck and I hope it all works out

I'm a saint, and I'm a sinner.
I'm a loser, I'm a winner.
I am steady, and unstable.
I am young, but I am able.
Who I am - Jessica Andrews

"From dusk to dawn, everything will go on." - Me

"Be strong and hold your head high, because there are millions just waiting to see it fall." - Me

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: Some advice, please? - July 5th 2010, 09:06 PM

Yeah it sounds like you may be getting ready to develop an eating disorder. I would start eating just a little more. Not too much though or you will get sick since your body may have gotten out of the habit of processing food. I would consider seeking professional help before this gets worse.

Closed Thread