TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kaylee44 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy please read. please respond. - June 30th 2010, 05:07 AM

okay, so i have been over weight for most of my life. but lately i have been looking at the symptoms of binge eating and i match pretty much all of them. i don't know what to do; i have told my mom that i want to change and try some kind of medical help but she continues to just sit here and do nothing about it. i keep asking and nothing. i have already tried 20 plus diets and they never work.
help, please.

Last edited by Casey.; June 30th 2010 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Removing trigger tag to fit with the guidelines.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Buffie-92 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bridget

Re: please read. please respond. - June 30th 2010, 05:23 AM

hey welcome to teenhelp
I know what you are going through, I was a binge eater for years without realizing it and not I suffer from bulimia.
the best thing you can do is let some other people know, like friends or a counsellor, so that when you get urges you can have someone to talk to and distract you. and if you really feel like you want to get healthier and stop these habits, I'd say see your doctor. he/she could give you a good eating plan, one where you eat small meals throughout the day and stay full for longer, therefore you won't have the urge to binge.
hope all goes well<3

but these are days we dream about
when the sunlight paints us gold
and this apartment could not be prettier
as we danced up there alone..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cryingangel Offline
Average Joe

Name: idiot

Re: please read. please respond. - June 30th 2010, 06:46 AM

i suggest u talk to your friends and other family about it mayb speak to a teacher and u could always o to the dr alone u dont need ur mum.
just explain what u told us see what they say.

hope your ok pm if u need anythin

i have a guardian angel watching over me she tells me what to do when i have no clue

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: please read. please respond. - June 30th 2010, 07:47 AM

Hey Kaylee,

Trying talking to your mum again. Print out some information on binge eating, and the signs of it, and give them to her. If you are old enough to seek treatment by yourself(sixteen in most places) then you could also try that if she still doesn't do anything.

The best way I found to stop binging, is to help my body realize when it is full, and to eat regular meals and snacks. Not eating for several hours can lead to binging, even skipping a meal. Eat a serving of something, and then wait twenty minutes before eating more, because that gives your body time to digest what you have eaten, and to realize if you are full or still hungry.

Hang in there.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
ChelseaSmile Offline
They Were Wrong
Average Joe

Name: Chelsea

Re: please read. please respond. - June 30th 2010, 10:33 AM

Whatever you do, don't turn to an eating disorder.
They are addicting and unhealthy.

If you really want to seek help, maybe perhaps speak to someone else who will listen.
Or learn to love your body as it is.
Thats always a good choice(:

If you need anything else just message me.
-Bryri
  Send a message via Skype™ to ChelseaSmile 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Open my eyes
Average Joe

Name: Esther

Re: please read. please respond. - June 30th 2010, 12:06 PM

I suffer from bulimia and at some point of my recovery, I was kind of "binge eater".
Diets don't work! most of the people who go on a diet gain all the weight back plus extra, and it'll only make you feel hungry, and since diets are strict plans, there'll be forbidden foods, and trust me, it's not a good thing because you'll crave for these foods and it'll lead you to a new binge episode, you know, because you're feeling more and more anxious each day, what's more, you NEED to see results inmediately, if it doesn't happen, why am I on a diet!?
I'd tell you to be patient, weight loss should be a slow process, try to eat healthy meals (and don't deprive yourself if you want an ice-cream, chocolate... once in a while!) and do some exercise, this should be a pleasant thing, so don't think you're exercising to lose weight, think you do it because you like it...
Try to weight yourself only once a week, and don't worry if anything has changed, as I said before, you must wait.
Last thing I'm going to say is never ever skip a meal! even if you binged, don't balance it with skipping meals, but being healthy, otherwise you'd be reseting a cycle. AND you have to have in your mind that you can't be fit if you binge, so first thing you have to do is to be sure you DON'T want binge (I didn't strted to do it right until I was sure of this, becuse overeating was so tempting...).
Sorry if this is a bit too long, PM me if you ever need something
All the best xx

Fear Cuts Deeper Than Knives

"And if you told me 'go to the hell', I'd tell you I know pretty well that place"
  Send a message via MSN to Ess The Morgenstern * Send a message via Skype™ to Ess The Morgenstern * 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
ocean*girl Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Eve Elizabeth

Re: please read. please respond. - July 2nd 2010, 02:04 AM

I'm sorry you are going through this. Are you school-age? You could talk to a counselor. Do you have any relatives who could take you to a therapist of some kind?
Prayers,
Eve

(#8 (permalink)) Old
thewickedcity Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rachel

Re: please read. please respond. - July 3rd 2010, 03:14 AM

Binge eating is usually a response to an emotion.. for a lot of people they do it when they're upset about something. Frequent binge eating is usually just a symptom of a greater problem.. maybe you're depressed? I suggest seeing a therapist about it so you can get to the root of the issue, the thing that's making you binge eat and solve that. Getting healthier should include physical & mental health and binge eating is rarely just a physical thing. Good luck :]
  Send a message via AIM to thewickedcity Send a message via Yahoo to thewickedcity  
Closed Thread