TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bumblebeebabe Offline
Not a n00b

Parents Freaking Out - July 15th 2010, 11:25 PM

My parents are so freaking out that i have an eating disorder. Ugh. I binge. and eat a looooot. so then they FREEAK out like and cry, dont know what to do. Im like okay, well ive been wanting these foods months, yes, when i can finallly eat them, im gonna. let me!!! and they wanna like submit into hospital care or something, not trusting me to be home alone cuzi ll binge and damage myself. F U guys. when they say that, i wanna binge more. i dont know what to do. please help me. please they expect me to show them my belly all the time if im bloated and go through the trash and dishes and ask what ive ate and it drives me crazy. i cant take it anymore. help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Steph-O
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stephanie

Re: Parents Freaking Out - July 16th 2010, 05:12 AM

I would have done anything for my parents to do what yours are doing honestly... I begged my parents for help, and they were just like "O, your fine". People don't really understand how to treat those of us with an eating disorder, they either blow it off or get really afraid. They are just scared for you, and rightly so...
I know you probably don't want to hear this, but it's the eating disorder that makes you so angry at them..., you don't want them to interfear with you carrying out your binge/purge lifestyle. Really, you most likely will become very very angry at anyone who attempts to stop you, or keeps you from what you want to do. I know how this is because I've been through it. I cussed out a lot of people when they would watch me and try to monitor my eating (which is way out of my character), ect. It wasn't until I really wanted help that istarted to listen to them. It is very hard and frustrating to deal with, I agree, but those frustrations are the things trying to tip you back into health.

Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. - A Beautiful Mind

I met Steven October 3rd, 2008. We've been practically inseperable ever since. ♥
  Send a message via AIM to darkinnocenteyes Send a message via Skype™ to darkinnocenteyes 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Open my eyes
Average Joe

Name: Esther

Re: Parents Freaking Out - July 16th 2010, 07:23 AM

I'd give half of my life to never be home alone nowadays, because that's what stops me from binging but my parents act like everything is ok, even if they know it isn't.
Your parents are helping you. If they worry, that means they love you and want you to be ok. Take their help, tell them what's going on.
I think it'd be right for them to take you to a councillor and a nutritionist and, believe me, that would help you.
First of all, you have to keep in your mind you want to be ok, binging makes you feel ashamed, doesn't it? then try to stop it, I know you can
All the best xx

Fear Cuts Deeper Than Knives

"And if you told me 'go to the hell', I'd tell you I know pretty well that place"
  Send a message via MSN to Ess The Morgenstern * Send a message via Skype™ to Ess The Morgenstern * 
Closed Thread