TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

ED resurfacing - July 29th 2010, 10:43 PM

I posted a while ago about having the beginnings of anorexia..well it sort of died down a little, but its built up again and I'm really in a mess with it atm. Any advice as to how I can stop this on my own without drs would be really appreciated! I do want help but at the same time I want to be left alone cos I don't see its wrong...argh..help?!

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
Pm me anytime, I like to help!
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: ED resurfacing - July 29th 2010, 10:59 PM

Hey,

It's so much harder to do it on your own, especially if you don't have too.The only advice I can give you, besides getting help, is to try to get your eating back on track.Start small. Aim to eat one good meal a day, then two, then two and a snack, then three, etc. Aim for six small meals and snacks a day. Also, exercising. You could try leaving positive messages for yourself, telling yourself that you are beautiful and that you deserve to eat.

Otherwise, I really suggest that you talk to someone, whether it be your doctor or a close friend. You don't have to do this alone, and it's so much easier if you have help. Remember, everyone slips, so it's okay if you fall back down as long as you get back up.

Just hang in there, and PM me if you need anything.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: ED resurfacing - July 29th 2010, 11:09 PM

I agree with Casey.

If you start out getting your meals back on track it can help. When an ED reappears it usually starts out slowly by cutting off one meal after the other. So I think by just working on getting your eating back to normal it can help a great deal. It will be tough but you can do it!

Doing it alone is definitely not a great idea. I don't know whether or not you have a support team such as friends, family, therapist etc but if so please turn to them. Support is really important in times like this. Reach out and ask for meal support, someone to talk to etc. Just knowing you are not alone and fighting the urge to keep this struggle a secret can really help.

The ED wants you to keep it a secret so if you open up about it you are slowly telling it ' I am not going to listen' and its control on you might waiver.

Lastly, don't give up on beating this because you can. Hang in there and be strong.

If you need anything feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: ED resurfacing - July 29th 2010, 11:16 PM

Thank you guys, What do you mean by meal support? I have a friend to support me..but I'm really not sure how anyone can support me in this situation. The reason I said no drs is cos when it appeared the first time, the professionals actually werent too bothered and didnt help me much. So I just cant be doing with the hassle of telling them for no help.
thank you. I do exercise..too much I guess. Last time they said it was part of my problem.
I'm confused, my head is in a mess about all this

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: ED resurfacing - July 29th 2010, 11:20 PM

Meal support is where friends and family will eat with you and help talk you through the meal and encourage you to keep going. It can help especially when you have a designated meal plan and know that at each meal the amount of food on your plate is good for you to eat.

If doctors in your past were not concerned maybe you need to look for new ones or get ones who specilize in ED's because they will know more about it. Be more concerned. Be less judgemental etc.

It can be hard to find these doctors but they exist. Do you have a therapist? I know getting help can be scary, believe me I do, but it can help you better overcome this.

If you need anything feel free to pm me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: ED resurfacing - July 30th 2010, 06:35 PM

Thanks for your reply. I have a CPN who I see weekly, but she is off for a week..plus she was the top of the pack for not being concerned last time. There are a limited number of Dr's at my surgery, and I really don't want to go through the whole thing of explaining my issues and situation again to yet another Dr. Also, with them not being worried or bothered it sort of gives me ammunition and makes me think is it such a bad thing?
I just don't know. As for meal support..that would never happen with my family..and I doubt any of my friends would do it either!

Paramore! <3
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
ponygirl733 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: ED resurfacing - August 11th 2010, 04:39 PM

You should get help from a doctor if you can. Even though it might seem awkward at first, it should make things easier. Tell your family and friends, and ask for help. You need someone to help, because it's hard to overcome an ED on your own

Closed Thread