TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jenny233 Offline
smile
Not a n00b

Name: Jenny

Relapse - August 8th 2010, 10:10 PM

I was doing really well. It had been a year of eating like a normal person and now i'm eating less and less. I look at food and i want to throw up. I don't want my family to know how bad i have gotten again. Any advice on how to stop it before i end up looking dead?

thanks in advance
jenny

Wish

Last edited by Casey.; August 9th 2010 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Removing trigger tag to fit with the guidelines.
  Send a message via MSN to jenny233  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
LeahLouise Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Leah Louise

Re: Relapse - August 8th 2010, 11:07 PM

Just think about all of the cons of relapsing.
You've been their before and you know how hard it is to get back up from that point, right?

it's not worth the effort of letting yourself fall down more just to climb back up.

Just stay strong.
You know you are stronger than the Eating Disorder.

You should tell someone in your family so they can help you, i think they'd be more hurt and upset if they found out somewhere down the line that you had been struggling and avoiding asking them for help...

-Leah
  Send a message via AIM to LeahLouise Send a message via MSN to LeahLouise  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
jenny233 Offline
smile
Not a n00b

Name: Jenny

Re: Relapse - August 9th 2010, 06:34 AM

my mom has more on her plate then she can handle all ready and she doesn't need to know i think i can stop it i have a great boy friend who is supporting me just scared i won't be able to stop it completely before i get really sick from it again... i ate 2 small meals today kinda suprised my self i had gotten so that i couldn't eat until late at night and only a very small amount or i would throw up scared me. guess it's the stress of having to be a grown up now, i just graduated high school and finding a job is really hard stressed me out plus flash backs and every thing else but i hope it will stop now that i have support if it doesn't i'm gonna have to tell my mom

Wish

Last edited by jenny233; August 9th 2010 at 06:35 AM. Reason: haha typoed
  Send a message via MSN to jenny233  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
LeahLouise Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Leah Louise

Re: Relapse - August 9th 2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny233 View Post
my mom has more on her plate then she can handle all ready and she doesn't need to know i think i can stop it i have a great boy friend who is supporting me just scared i won't be able to stop it completely before i get really sick from it again... i ate 2 small meals today kinda suprised my self i had gotten so that i couldn't eat until late at night and only a very small amount or i would throw up scared me. guess it's the stress of having to be a grown up now, i just graduated high school and finding a job is really hard stressed me out plus flash backs and every thing else but i hope it will stop now that i have support if it doesn't i'm gonna have to tell my mom
I know what you mean. You have the part of you who wants to relapse and just give into the ED.
but then there's the other part, who knows the pain and how hard it is to even live through any of it.
It's easier just to get help before it gets worse.
stay strong

Feel free to PM me <3
  Send a message via AIM to LeahLouise Send a message via MSN to LeahLouise  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: Relapse - August 10th 2010, 12:32 AM

Jenny, I know it's hard to think about telling your mom, when she has a lot going on also. But, you are her daughter...and her job is to be there for you. Plus, think of it this way: would you rather tell her now, when you are asking for help, asking for support, and still not in a crisis situation (really really ill)...vs. telling her in weeks or months when you are so far into a relapse that it ends up a medical emergency, or a mental health emergency, and everything is full-fledged relapse? You are "dumping" significantly LESS on her by telling her now and being proactive. I promise.

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
Closed Thread