TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Abbie

Failiure - October 19th 2010, 07:04 PM

I've put on weight again.
I feel like such a failiure, and the stupid voice in my head won't stop shouting at me

I really don't know what to do anymore

And If I Bleed, I'll Bleed Knowing You Don't Care...

Last edited by Casey.; October 22nd 2010 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Removing trigger tag to fit with the guidelines.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Apollo Offline
LiveStrong™
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Apollo

Re: Failiure - October 21st 2010, 01:33 AM

Abbie,

Gaining weight does not make you a failure. You need to eat to live and your body needs a certain amount of weight to live. Ever hear about inner beauty? A number should not define you. You're beautiful just the way you are. And you seem like a nice person and I don't even know you! Anyways, I strongly advise you to talk to somebody you trust about this. I know it's hard but once you do you've done the hardest thing ever, and I know you have some other problems that need to be addressed eventually as well (I've seen some of your posts) and I don't want this to get even more out of control. Do something now before you let this completely consume you... I don't want to frighten you, but the reality of it is if you keep going down this path you're going to encounter serious health problems- both physical and mental- and that includes death.

But yes, please talk to somebody... A doctor, parent(s)/guardian(s), best friend, school counselor, or somebody else you could think of.

Please talk to me if you need to talk about anything more. Best of luck.

Apollo

Always feel free to contact me.
<3 |.YOU ARE LOVED.| <3

.TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY.

You may think the world is better off without you...
The truth:
The world isn't
good enough without you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Failiure - October 22nd 2010, 02:42 AM

Hey Abbie,

Gaining weight does not make you a failure. Putting on weight might not even be a bad thing. If you are worried about your weight, talk to your doctor. They can tell you what is healthy for you to be at. Have you told anyone about your ED? Talking to someone can help, and you don't have to do it alone. It's hard, but try reaching out to someone. I know it's hard Abbie, but just hang in there. You can get through this. If you need anything, feel free to pm me.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Failiure - October 31st 2010, 08:42 PM

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply :/
My school told my parents about the ED but I haven't really spoken to anyone about it, not many people seem to take the time to listen and understand :/

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Apollo Offline
LiveStrong™
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Failiure - November 1st 2010, 10:13 PM

It's okay!

I think... You should, if possible at the moment, ask to get a therapist. Usually school counselors aren't very helpful at all (believe me) but maybe they can refer you to somebody. There IS somebody who WILL listen and understand you, including me and the majority of TeenHelp. Now, we can't replace real-life help, but it's a start. I advise you to talk to somebody sooner but if you don't feel ready, I understand. So anyways, apparently there's a confidentiality thing here in the US (not sure where you live) and depending on who your person is and your age, your therapist can't tell anybody unless you're at risk of killing yourself or hurting somebody else. Now, I am wondering why your parents didn't make you get help or something... Maybe they just don't understand, but you might be suprised. I know it's hard, but get help.

I'll be thinking of you.

Apollo

<3 |.YOU ARE LOVED.| <3

.TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY.

The truth:
The world isn't
good enough without you.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Failiure - November 2nd 2010, 04:31 PM

I'm waiting on a referral for counselling at the moment, but it's just taking so long it seems pointless.
The school counsellors at my school are just ridiculous and of no help what so ever, I would talk to my form tutor but I don't want to get on her nerves, so in a nutshell I'm pretty stuck for what to do :/

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Apollo Offline
LiveStrong™
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Failiure - November 2nd 2010, 07:38 PM

I think maybe you could bring it up again? Sometimes people don't realize how important some things are. If your tutor really cared, you wouldn't get on her nerves. In the meantime, you could call a friend or a hotline maybe? Sometimes they help a lot too when nobody around you is available.

Apollo

<3 |.YOU ARE LOVED.| <3

.TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY.

The truth:
The world isn't
good enough without you.

Closed Thread