TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ac2 Offline
Not a n00b

Am I anorexic? - October 25th 2010, 03:39 PM

I've been anorexic before, I've been starving myself for a while, I feel like that's the only way people will care about me, I want to be underweight or at risk, I hate eating in front of people, I feel like not eating is the only way to be happy, when I do eat I never feel full, my heart races and skips beats, I feel dizzy a lot, I hate when people tell me to eat, I hide when I eat sometimes, I'm FREEZING cold all the time (and I live in Texas), and I'm almost scared to eat. Am I anorexic and if so what do I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Am I anorexic? - October 25th 2010, 04:32 PM

We're not medical professionals and so we can't tell you whether you are anorexia or not. I suggest that you see a doctor who will be able to help you and refer you to medical professionals that may or may not diagnose you with the condition.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Am I anorexic? - October 25th 2010, 04:35 PM

Hey there.

I am really sorry to hear you finding yourself having difficulties with food and eating. I can understand how hard it must be for you.

Stephanie is right. We are not medically trained and therefore can not tell you whether you are anorexic or not. However, personally, I feel like you do have issues surrounding food and eating and therefore would suggest you to go to your doctor to talk to him about what's going on and to see if there is any support you can get with it.

You don't have to fight this alone, so never be afraid to ask someone for help/.

Take Care,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: Am I anorexic? - October 26th 2010, 02:20 PM

Hey,

Just to echo what's been said; while we can't diagnose you, it does sound like you absolutely have reasons to be concerned about your eating habits and disordered thinking, especially when in conjunction with your past history of an ED. I'd really encourage you to talk to a doctor and get help for what you're struggling with...I know that isn't the easiest thing to do, but it's worth it to get yourself some help.

Since I think your question has been answered, I'm going to close this thread; if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me! Take good care of yourself.

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
Closed Thread