TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

friends at college - December 10th 2010, 10:03 PM

my friends at college have recently started to notice that im not eating and am eating very little, on the way home the other day i was talking to my friend as he asked me about why i didnt eat anything all day and commented on how i looked like i had lost weight, and asked how i did it i simply told him didnt eat for three days didnt feel like eating, he started asking me questions about my family and if anyone in my family has had an eating disorder in the past and when i told him yes, he started asking me other questions. ive gone from eating loads to practicly nothing, even my best friend who i have known for 15 years has told her mum that i hardly ate anything when i went out with her yesterday to a JLS concert, i just dont feel the need to eat as much as i used to, and i dont really feel hungry either. but all my friends at college have told my tutor and my tutors asking me if ive eaten anything and is telling me to eat, but i dont see the point if im not hungry. and my mum seems impressed that im loosing weight.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

Last edited by Casey.; December 11th 2010 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Removing prefix to fit with the guidelines.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: friends at college - December 11th 2010, 02:04 AM

Hey there,

I know it's hard to eat when you don't feel hungry, but sometimes you have to. I have a friend who doesn't get hungry, and she often forgets to eat, but she gets really sick if she doesn't eat for a while, and she ends up in the hospital. So eating, even if you aren't hungry, is needed. At least eat three to five small meals a day, six is best, but if nothing else three to five. You might also want to talk to your doctor. There could be a medical reason that you do not feel hungry, and it's worth checking out.

Hang in there.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: friends at college - December 11th 2010, 08:52 AM

yeah my friend at college says i should talk to my doctor, i got weighed the other day when i went to the sexual health clinic to get the morning after pill they didnt say anything about my weight and height, so i know im not underweight, but i know im loosing more than i should in the space of 3 days i went from ******** to ***** in about 3 days. i have eaten abit like when i was in the cafe with my friend i 'stole' one of his chips/fries. its just confusing coz i used to be such a big eater like i would stuff myself now after a few bites of something i feel full :/ my freind at college thinks its an ED but im not so sure.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

Closed Thread