TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: MUSIC IN MY HEART

Unhappy Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a day - December 21st 2010, 04:57 AM

I'm so panicked I can't calm panic very strong making me dizzy I am sooo scared of gaining weight an eating oh my I can't stand my Ed anymore help me please

Last edited by Music In My Heart 120; December 22nd 2010 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Trig Ed
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 21st 2010, 05:23 AM

Hey.

Hun, you have NOTHING to be upset about like this, okay? People are trying to get you past your ED, they want to help. So let them help. And if it's making you panic, tell them that! They just want to help you.

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 21st 2010, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz Guy View Post
Hey.

Hun, you have NOTHING to be upset about like this, okay? People are trying to get you past your ED, they want to help. So let them help. And if it's making you panic, tell them that! They just want to help you.
I can't handle the thought of eating three whole meals and having to keep in cals o god i can't do it
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 21st 2010, 05:34 AM

Yeah, you can! You can do it!!!! I remember you saying before that you are actually underweight. If that's true, then there is NO need to lose any weight. If your doctor(s) tells you that you are a healthy weight (or that you need to GAIN), then follow their advice. They're professionals, and they want to help you.

Chris
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

last updated on 11/11/17

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 21st 2010, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Yeah, you can! You can do it!!!! I remember you saying before that you are actually underweight. If that's true, then there is NO need to lose any weight. If your doctor(s) tells you that you are a healthy weight (or that you need to GAIN), then follow their advice. They're professionals, and they want to help you.
I'm underweight
I'm just scared to eat and gain weight
I want to fast an sleep all day
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 21st 2010, 07:22 AM

If you are underweight, than it is perfectly okay and healthy to eat normally and gain some weight. Just eat 3 meals a day, and balance it with SOME exercise, and you'll be fine.

Chris
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

last updated on 11/11/17

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 21st 2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
If you are underweight, than it is perfectly okay and healthy to eat normally and gain some weight. Just eat 3 meals a day, and balance it with SOME exercise, and you'll be fine.

Doc said I can't excercise at all for now
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Blair

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 21st 2010, 01:35 PM

You know you have to do this babe. It's not easy but it's honestly what's going to make you happier overall. Right now it's scarry and it doesn't feel right but give it some time and work through this. Ultimately I promise you'll be happier living a healthy lifestyle

Just Keep Breathing

(#9 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 21st 2010, 04:37 PM

Yeah, totally. You can do this!

Chris
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

last updated on 11/11/17

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 21st 2010, 04:51 PM

I can't

Can't even eat a small meal
I called my doc to ask if she was ok with me drinking supplement drinks only and no solid foods for awhile since I'm not able to eat solid foods much and not used to solid food
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
cattavamp Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Morgan

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 21st 2010, 05:32 PM

If you are underweight, then you SHOULD eat and gain some weight to be healthy again! It's going to take time, and you hate it at first, but trust me you can get through with this! No worries!

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 21st 2010, 10:44 PM

Panicking so much about food maybe I'll just drink supplements only

Im so scared and panicky about weight to the point I want to cut my fat of

So scared and panicky now can't sleep or calm very very nervous screams
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 21st 2010, 11:10 PM

You can do it (:
<3 u even though you dont know me

(#14 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 21st 2010, 11:18 PM

Hey there,

Maybe you could try eating some canned soup and crackers? That will supply you with some substance. Progressive has some really good quality soups with lots of different variety. Once you get used to eating the soup and your stomach adjusts to that maybe you could work on eating more solid meals like sandwiches and stuff. Have you talked to your doctors about the trouble you are having and maybe get on an eating plan? I know it is hard but maybe they can help you slowly work back into eating. Start out small and go from there. It will also help to have their support.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 21st 2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CourageousSurvivor~ View Post
Hey there,

Maybe you could try eating some canned soup and crackers? That will supply you with some substance. Progressive has some really good quality soups with lots of different variety. Once you get used to eating the soup and your stomach adjusts to that maybe you could work on eating more solid meals like sandwiches and stuff. Have you talked to your doctors about the trouble you are having and maybe get on an eating plan? I know it is hard but maybe they can help you slowly work back into eating. Start out small and go from there. It will also help to have their support.

Noo soup fatting and ill drink supplement drinks only
Waiting to hear from my doc , and therapist said that They will prevent me from dying because of starvation
Can't calm dancing now
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Smile Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 21st 2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplekc95 View Post
You can do it (:
<3 u even though you dont know me
Thanks for the thought and I appreciate it Alot
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 22nd 2010, 12:41 AM

Look back at this. What's changed since then to make you go backwards?

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 22nd 2010, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immy View Post
Look back at this. What's changed since then to make you go backwards?
My Ed so intense and tells me you guys nobody cares or wants to make me fat etc and that I'm not worth it and won't ever be able to recover from Ed I'm so ready to let Ed take it's toll
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 22nd 2010, 01:10 AM

I know you said you didn't want soup because it's fatty, maybe try some ramen before trying bigger soups. It's just flavored water with a tiny bit of noodles.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 22nd 2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranquilChaos View Post
I know you said you didn't want soup because it's fatty, maybe try some ramen before trying bigger soups. It's just flavored water with a tiny bit of noodles.
Maybe I'll consider it
Any low cal tips or low cal foods and no fat? anybody ?
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 22nd 2010, 02:54 AM

Relax. Just think rationally. Breathe deep and slow and remind yourself of why you're getting better. Try drinking odwalla or naked juices, they have a lot of nutrients if you're more comfortable with liquid. You're doing the right thing honey, okay?

Just Keep Breathing

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 22nd 2010, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair View Post
Relax. Just think rationally. Breathe deep and slow and remind yourself of why you're getting better. Try drinking odwalla or naked juices, they have a lot of nutrients if you're more comfortable with liquid. You're doing the right thing honey, okay?
Rather be on liquid diet and so nervous makes me spin
I'm not healthy seems wrong
I can't even sleep although body very tired and sick an sore feel very hot like boiling
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 22nd 2010, 03:04 AM

Your body's all out of balance right now sweetie. You're tired and feeling feverish. That's making it hard to handle things. Drink some water. Put on some music. Just try to relax and let yourself sleep. You'll deal with things better in the morning if you've gotten rest.

Just Keep Breathing

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 22nd 2010, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair View Post
Your body's all out of balance right now sweetie. You're tired and feeling feverish. That's making it hard to handle things. Drink some water. Put on some music. Just try to relax and let yourself sleep. You'll deal with things better in the morning if you've gotten rest.
I've been sick and feverish for several weeks not sure why sighs and can't rest and huge headache and sore nothing helps body
Wow I need to lay off food and just do liquids so body does not need to loose energy digesting so it can save it for major organs
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 22nd 2010, 04:15 AM

A lot of people relate "calorie" as something bad, but actually calories are essential for daily life. Calorie is a unit of measurement for food energy, and right now that is what you need. When you eat, you would gain energy and you will start getting better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_energy
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 22nd 2010, 04:18 AM

[font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][size="4"][b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingTrue View Post
A lot of people relate "calorie" as something bad, but actually calories are essential for daily life. Calorie is a unit of measurement for food energy, and right now that is what you need. When you eat, you would gain energy and you will start getting better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_energy
That frightens me alot to be better

Cals scare and freak me out
I might go om a liquid supplement diet

Last edited by Music In My Heart 120; December 22nd 2010 at 04:23 AM.
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 22nd 2010, 04:46 AM

Ever tried fortisip? I dont know if they have it there, but its good. http://www.nutriciaclinical.co.nz/ad...y/fortisip.pdf

It's either that (or an equivalent supplement), food or if you leave it too long, hospital...you will most likely be tube fed, and that means liquid food goes into your stomach, and you dont even get to taste it. Now let me tell you...the tube is HORRIBLE, I had it exactly 3 weeks ago today...and so I was getting food, without being able to taste or enjoy it. If you don't believe me, well my pictures are up on facebook to try and put my friends off doing it. I don't wish the tube on ANYONE, and anyone who has had it will agree.

(#28 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 22nd 2010, 06:14 AM

You can get through this, just try to get into the mindset that eating is not a bad thing. It's essential. If you don't put any gas in your car, it's not gonna go anywhere. Same thing with this. Your body needs energy from food to work properly.

Chris
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

last updated on 11/11/17

(#29 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 22nd 2010, 07:35 PM

The best thing to do is to ignore your ED. The things it is telling you are lies. The more you go about ignoring ED the less intense its hold on you will be. The more you ignore ED the stronger you will get.

I know you are afraid of calories but I assure you they are not going to hurt you. Getting the proper nutrients is going to help keep you healthy and being healthy is all that matters. I know this is hard but you can get through it you just have to take baby steps.

You can't live off of supplement drinks. I think they could definitely help you but I think it would help if you tried eating soup or crackers or something. I know that will be hard and I know your body will protest but you can get through it.

Have you heard from your doctors and therapist? I think it will be great to get them more involved in this struggle you are having. ED is being really strong and the more support you can get the better.

I really hope this helped.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Paige(: Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 22nd 2010, 11:47 PM

Okay, so what really your mind is telling you is that you are "FAT." but really, in your head you can't see the words written down.
What ana is TRYING to tell you is that you need to F.A.T.; forget about thin. Because you are BEAUTIFUL.<3

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 23rd 2010, 12:57 AM

My therapist talked to my mom and my doctor had me schedule with my nutritionist and besides doing boost and ensure I need to balance out my diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CourageousSurvivor~ View Post
The best thing to do is to ignore your ED. The things it is telling you are lies. The more you go about ignoring ED the less intense its hold on you will be. The more you ignore ED the stronger you will get.

I know you are afraid of calories but I assure you they are not going to hurt you. Getting the proper nutrients is going to help keep you healthy and being healthy is all that matters. I know this is hard but you can get through it you just have to take baby steps.

You can't live off of supplement drinks. I think they could definitely help you but I think it would help if you tried eating soup or crackers or something. I know that will be hard and I know your body will protest but you can get through it.

Have you heard from your doctors and therapist? I think it will be great to get them more involved in this struggle you are having. ED is being really strong and the more support you can get the better.

I really hope this helped.

Jenna
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 23rd 2010, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma01 View Post
Ever tried fortisip? I dont know if they have it there, but its good. http://www.nutriciaclinical.co.nz/ad...y/fortisip.pdf

It's either that (or an equivalent supplement), food or if you leave it too long, hospital...you will most likely be tube fed, and that means liquid food goes into your stomach, and you dont even get to taste it. Now let me tell you...the tube is HORRIBLE, I had it exactly 3 weeks ago today...and so I was getting food, without being able to taste or enjoy it. If you don't believe me, well my pictures are up on facebook to try and put my friends off doing it. I don't wish the tube on ANYONE, and anyone who has had it will agree.
We don't have it here and yea Im doing my best
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 23rd 2010, 11:38 PM

My doctor wants me to do an iron (over the counter ) supplement and vitamin D supplement besides both 1 a day and to also come in for labs 6/ 8 weeks. ( I think that is to soon don't you????) .

And to get a complete physical scheduled and my doctors statement they faxed over so I did not have to loose my PCA job. Sighs

Now the scaryyyyyyy part facing Xmas eve an Xmas yikessss screams
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 24th 2010, 02:15 AM

why would they make you eat three meals a day? thats really silly. ask them if you can do this instead: eat very small amounts every hour and a half youre awake until 8 (and dont eat after 8 unless youre starving). go to sleep at around 11 (so that when you go to sleep you will have completely digested all of your food). if you eat every hour and a half that will keep your metabolism going (meaning you use more calories). if you sleep 9 hours (which is what you should be sleeping), then you should consume about 200 calories each time you eat. i can tell you a closer estimate if you give me your weight and height. but yeah, if you actually eat less everytime you eat, then youre more likely to feel better each time youre eating.

also, your body will digest food in about 2-3 hours, if you eat every hour and a half, stop at 8, and go to sleep at 11 then your body never stops digesting until youre asleep (which when youre asleep your metabolism decreases significantly).

so yeah, ask that, it will probably help. good luck. pm me if you need anything

(#35 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 24th 2010, 03:03 AM

Maybe I'll try

Quote:
Originally Posted by puala__koala View Post
why would they make you eat three meals a day? thats really silly. ask them if you can do this instead: eat very small amounts every hour and a half youre awake until 8 (and dont eat after 8 unless youre starving). go to sleep at around 11 (so that when you go to sleep you will have completely digested all of your food). if you eat every hour and a half that will keep your metabolism going (meaning you use more calories). if you sleep 9 hours (which is what you should be sleeping), then you should consume about 200 calories each time you eat. i can tell you a closer estimate if you give me your weight and height. but yeah, if you actually eat less everytime you eat, then youre more likely to feel better each time youre eating.

also, your body will digest food in about 2-3 hours, if you eat every hour and a half, stop at 8, and go to sleep at 11 then your body never stops digesting until youre asleep (which when youre asleep your metabolism decreases significantly).

so yeah, ask that, it will probably help. good luck. pm me if you need anything
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 24th 2010, 03:37 AM

also, on whoever said that you should eat canned soup. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH SODIUM IS IN THAT STUFF? if youre gonna eat any type of food then you should make it (or read the ingredients to make sure its really low in sodium). sorry. i had to say it

but yeah, dont eat any processed foods like... until youre wayy out of the refeeding stage (although you shoudlnt eat it at all)

(#37 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 24th 2010, 03:42 AM

I'm on a diet
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Panick attacks an crying about being on excercise restriction and having to eat three meals a da - December 25th 2010, 03:15 AM

Milk has cals alot of them right even low fat milk????
Closed Thread