TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ItalianBbae Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Erika

grrr - February 9th 2011, 02:55 AM

so i gave up on the not eating at all thing and i cant go puke it up while im at school. but now i cant stop eating. im eating like all the time. i dont get why i keep jumping extremes ): its so frustrating

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lola jonson Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: lola

Re: grrr - February 9th 2011, 03:45 AM

Do we have another thing in common?
I barely been eating at all for the past couple of weeks.
Why were you not eating before? Did something happen that's making you eat nonstop now? Its sounds like maybe something with your mood changed.

We do not fear death, we fear that no one will notice our absence. That we will disappear without a trace.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ItalianBbae Offline
Not a n00b

Re: grrr - February 9th 2011, 03:50 AM

haha apparently we have everything in common.
i wasnt eating before because i wanted to loose weight the same way i did a few years ago. for me it was so easy and worked pretty good. i was happy, but then my ex friend controlled my life forced me to eat tons of fast food and i gained weight back and got unhappy. last semester i did pretty good and lost a few pounds but gained them all back over winter break. so i just got so mad at myself and decided i wasnt gonna eat. well that failed so i tried puking it out, but while im at school thats pretty much impossible. i think i just gave up on myself i guess. decided nothing would ever change and id hate myself for ever and probably just turned back to my old comfort. not sure thats exactly it but thats just what came in my head while thinking of how i should respond

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Rose Bunny Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rose

Re: grrr - February 9th 2011, 03:59 AM

Try putting yourself on a [Edited] calorie diet. That's the average need for people. And I mean, count! Not obsessively, not so it's exact, but try to get within [Edited] calories of it. This way you'll be sure you're neither binging nor starving.

Maybe you personally need a little more or less than that each day. Maybe if you want to healthily lose a bit of weight, drop to [Edited] a day or something. But for now, just stick with [Edited] and get yourself stabilized.

Feel free to private message me if you need a hand with this. There is a happy medium and you can find it!

Wishing you all the best!

Last edited by SparklingWine; February 19th 2011 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Please don't post Calorie numbers anywhere on Teen Help

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ItalianBbae Offline
Not a n00b

Re: grrr - February 9th 2011, 04:05 AM

thanks thats a good suggestion. my only problem (or maybe its not a problem and i just see it as one) is that im in college so i dont always know exactly what the food was made with to know how many calories it is

Closed Thread