TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Complete Love. Offline
Life goes on...
Junior TeenHelper

Help. Don't know how to stop. - February 16th 2012, 10:08 PM

So here's the case. I want to eat. But I can't. No matter how much Im starving I can't make my self even eat a grape. I'm so terrified of gaining weight. It's been almost 2 weeks of negative cal intake and fasting. I know it's bad yes I know but I can't do anything about it. I want to eat like a normal human being but the guilt and anxiety and deppression that follow is horrible. Yesterday I finally made myself (no joke) eat some soup. Then I felt so guilty I purged it. And now I'm not even hungry. I end up crying on my bed because I wish I could eat but can't.
Beside therapy which I am not getting because I'm NOT anorexic or bulimic, what should I do?
Wait..... Let me guess. NOTHING..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Cullen Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Help. Don't know how to stop. - February 16th 2012, 10:33 PM

If you carry on like that, you will make yourself both mentally and physically ill. You've got to think what you want more - being thin or being healthy. And remember, starving yourself won't make you look good. Depriving yourself of food means you are missing out on key nutrients - without them your hair will become dull and brittle, your skin will end up dry and spotty... Trust me, I've been there and I can tell you its really not nice. It won't be easy to change and start eating again, it really won't. But you have to. For yourself, for your family and friends, and for your future. I hope things work out for you xx

The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows...
Keep The Blood In Your Head, And Keep Your Feet On The Ground.

Nov 29th 2010 <3

Do I Divide And Fall Apart?
My Bright's Too Slight To Hold Back All My Dark.
  Send a message via MSN to Cullen  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Complete Love. Offline
Life goes on...
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Help. Don't know how to stop. - February 16th 2012, 10:38 PM

How do I stop ??? I can't Iv tried... :|

Mostly scared I'll gain weight and won't be able to stop eating

Last edited by Complete Love.; February 16th 2012 at 10:46 PM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Re: Help. Don't know how to stop. - February 18th 2012, 10:09 AM

My dad made a very good point to me the other day - the most weight you can POSSIBLY gain from eating an item of food is the weight of the food. So if you eat a [EDIT] bag of crisps, the most weight you can gain is [EDIT], and you won't even gain that because most of it is expelled from the body as waste.
Perhaps what you can do is start by eating light things - like, for instance, soup - which are healthy and you know will hardly gain any weight. If you then exercise, it'll burn off even more of the food.
As the days go by, increase the amount you eat, and decrease how much you exercise. It'll be hard, but eventually you'll be eating normally again.
If, like it sounds, you've not eaten for two weeks, then you may well need professional help. We're not professionals, we can't diagnose you, but it sounds as if you have anorexic and bulimic tendencies, which, if left untreated, can develop into a much worse illness, so I would urge you to get professional help before this becomes something totally out of your control.
I hope things work out for you.

Last edited by Ignite; February 19th 2012 at 02:42 AM. Reason: No weight numbers please, against Code of Conduct.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Disneygirl94 Offline
I believe I Can Fly
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kaitlyn

Re: Help. Don't know how to stop. - February 18th 2012, 12:19 PM

I had a similar problem to this where I wouldn't eat anything and then when I wanted to i couldn't. As the above user try to increase the amount of food you eat. If that doesn't work maybe talk to your doctor about what to do. They should give you some tips so you can stop before it gets really out of control.

"My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return. "

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Silvia Offline
Average Joe

Name: Silvia

Re: Help. Don't know how to stop. - February 24th 2012, 02:06 PM

Listen, you are getting reality wrong. The fact of having, for example, an apple, objectively doesn't make you get fat. Nevertheless, you perceive that apple rather as an attack to your body than as a necessary item of survival.

And, by your words, you can call it however you want, but you seem to have a serious eating disorder. You don't need to fulfill item by item the symptoms of "anorexia" for example, to suffer from an eating disorder... There are dozens of varieties, and every person who suffers it shows a wide number of different symptomatology, so do not dismiss the idea of looking for help. Anyway you are conscious that something is wrong, and that may be a first step...

Take care

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Complete Love. Offline
Life goes on...
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Help. Don't know how to stop. - February 24th 2012, 06:45 PM

Thanks peoples. Lol (I know I know incorrect grammar )

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Peppermint. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Help. Don't know how to stop. - February 24th 2012, 07:34 PM

Seeing as there is a more updated thread here, I'm going to close this thread

Not all those who wander are lost.
  Send a message via AIM to Peppermint. Send a message via MSN to Peppermint.  
Closed Thread