TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

i'm watching my weight to carefully - April 29th 2012, 01:38 PM

I'm in a diet and yesterday i don't eat breakfast so i put the wosits in the bread and made it a crisps sandwich and then i had fish and chips but i only eat a little bit of the fish and chips so i didn't eat much then late at night i got so worried and went down the stairs and eat three digestive biscuits then today i had three digestive biscuits because of no breakfast and then i had a ham salad roll and now later on i'm having dinner. is that fattening what i just eat? is digestive biscuits really fattening?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MD8 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: i'm watching my weight to carefully - April 29th 2012, 11:08 PM

Hey i'm gonna tell you a secret, you can lose weight eating chocolate cake all day. Starving your self is actually counter productive as if you skip means the body goes into starvation mode in which it will hold on to the fats in the body.

The key to losing weight is calories, does not really matter what you eat. Say you need [EDIT]calories a day to maintain your current weight. If you cut that to [EDIT]a day you will lose weight at about a pound a week.

As long as you create a calorie deficit you will lose weight it does not matter what you eat. Typically junk food are high in calories hence eating a lot of it will not create a deficit. For example a small bag of chips is [EDIT]calories...where as two slice of bread with egg not fried is about [EDIT] and will fill you up.

Don't worry about fat at the back if your creating a deficit, its calories that makes you fat, not fatty food.

You see obese people right, the reason they get fat is they eat way to many calories, for example if they need [EDIT]a day. Typically you will see them at a fast food joint, that around [EDIT]calories, factor in snacks and meals throughout the day that number goes way above [EDIT].

That's just the basics of dieting. You do need to get vitamins and stuff from the food you eat. That is why healthy food is better than junk, as junk food has no nutritional value , but you can lose weight will eating junk food.

Last edited by escape_thereal_world; May 2nd 2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Caloric numbers of any sort, as well as any weight numbers, are not allowed on TeenHelp.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: i'm watching my weight to carefully - May 1st 2012, 12:33 PM

Okay, from what i read to your post you are a little bit right and very wrong. You can't eat junk food or chocolate cake everyday that's when you start putting weight on everyone knows it. Eating junk food will create a high amount of calories it depends on how much you eat of it. You gave the wrong information to me. I'm not going to follow your advice. Fatty food is calories there's no difference.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MD8 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: i'm watching my weight to carefully - May 1st 2012, 07:11 PM

That is okay, that is just my opinion. I'm just saying it okays to eat junk food as long as you create a caloric deficit. You can gain weight from eating healthy also if you eat to much of it. Pretty much all i'm saying it about the calories more than that % if fat on the back of food products.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: i'm watching my weight to carefully - May 2nd 2012, 01:02 AM

If you are concerned about your weight or eating habits, only a doctor can tell you if you need to diet or find better eating habits.

Even BMI charts are not completely accurate. They are often off by quite a bit. So if you see a doctor, they should be able to help you determine if you are in need of dieting or finding better nutrition. I do not advise dieting due to BMI results.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: i'm watching my weight to carefully - May 2nd 2012, 02:04 AM

The best way to establish if you're a healthy weight actually doesn't really involve scales - it involves measuring body fat percentage. This can be done most accurately with either calipers or immersion. I'm not sure how immersion works.

People who could measure your body fat - if you're worried that you may be overweight - are doctors, nutritionists, and personal trainers. There is a wide range of what is considered a "healthy" body fat and it is higher for women than for men.

Scales simply tell you how much you weigh, they don't tell you what that's made up of, such as your skeleton, your muscle mass, your internal organs, your bodyweight . . . scales just give you a total. And anyway, you're so much more than that number, whatever it is.

A healthy diet consists of a number of things, many people recommend three solid meals a day, but what a nutritionist recommended to me was 6 smaller meals a day, each consisting of a fat, a protein, and a carbohydrate. They also recommended that unless it was immediately prior to exercise that the GI rating of the carbohydrate should be quite low.
The key to healthy eating really, is to eat regularly, try to eat less processed product (or failing that, processed products with less ingredients, which means less additives and so forth), and to drink lots and lots of water, say 1.5L - 2L a day, depending on the amount of physical activity and your age.

Also, myself and anyone else here, have no idea how fattening what you ate that day was, because one - we are not nutritionists - and two - we don't know the context of your eating.
As always, if you are really concerned, seeing a GP is probably a good idea, and they could probably refer you to a nutrionist if you feel you need more help with healthy eating.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread