TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BubblyBabyBlue Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Storm

Unhappy WHAT COULD IT BE??? - May 20th 2012, 11:37 PM

I have had frequents slight headaches for days but when I take Aleve the pain stops. Also my eyes and my ears hurt. I listen to music very loud and I'm always on my phone or laptop, especially in the dark. My parents say that I'm just stressing my eyes and I keep listening to music too loud. I am afraid it may be something like a brain tumor and I am now very paranoid. I don't know what it is? Now my head hurts when I lay on my head a tiny bit. I AM VERY SCARED!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!! My parents won't take me to the doctor because they think I will take them up there for nothing.

Last edited by PSY; May 21st 2012 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Moved thread to the General Health forum.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: WHAT COULD IT BE??? - May 21st 2012, 01:58 AM

Chances are it is not a brain tumour because the pain would occur regardless if you listened to music at a lower volume or used your laptop and phone in well-lit areas. A simple Aleve probably would not be of much use either. To experiment, why not use your laptop and phone in well-lit areas and listen to less music at a lower volume? You may not want to hear this but I agree with your parents and any doctor would tell you that the way you interact with technology is doing harm regardless if you have a brain tumour.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BubblyBabyBlue Offline
Not a n00b

Smile Re: WHAT COULD IT BE??? - May 21st 2012, 04:23 AM

Yeah I also asked on yahoo answers and they said the same thing about it's extremely unlikely to be a brain tumor. After I got some rest my head stopped hurting and I think it has something to do with the lighting from my technology and the sound of my music so I'm not gonna use my technology for A WEEK! I just have to find other things to do with my friends I guess. THANK YOU!!!!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BubblyBabyBlue Offline
Not a n00b

Re: WHAT COULD IT BE??? - May 21st 2012, 04:39 AM

I believe it's a tension headache because I looked it up and that what it seems like.

Closed Thread