TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jenntasticxx Offline
supermegafoxyawesomehot
Average Joe

Name: Jenn

chest pains. - May 30th 2012, 08:31 AM

for the past couple years, i have gotten pretty bad chest pains that center around my heart and left side, but have also been known to pop up on my right side and my back as well.

i've been told it could be anxiety, but i am never one to go into panic attack mode and freak out... and when i do, i just cry. it seems like these pains are a lot more random than anxiety related.

i just got one ten minutes ago and i thought i was having a heart attack; it was that bad. i was clutching my chest and whimpering, almost in tears. i couldn't move, that makes it worse. i couldn't breathe, because it's all in my chest. then, it went away. i didn't even do anything. i was just breathing shallowly and trying to calm myself down.

before you say its really serious and i should go to the ER, i have had tests done before and nothing is wrong with my heart and lungs. idk what it is. the lonest it's lasted is about 45 minutes, the normal time is about 2-3 minutes, so it's not like i have time to take pain meds (not that i could move anyway).

i know it's not a good idea to take medical advice from people on the internet, but i just want to know if anyone has had this happen to them. i googled some stuff and found "Precordial catch syndrome."

it sounds really similar to what i have, but some scientists dont believe it exists. im at a loss. i dont care if theres no cure or anything, i just want to know what it is.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: chest pains. - May 30th 2012, 05:08 PM

So you experience a sharp pain in your chest, right?

I would say since you have had tests done and they didn't find anything, you should be alright. I know that probably doesn't help considering I'm going through something similar. Instead of pain, my heart has some odd palpitations and they can be very uncomfortable. Unfortunately, all tests came back normal. Though it still happens for no reason.

Anyways, I've had them for almost 10 years and have no medical issues other than the random uncomfortableness from the palpitations.

I would definitely suggest getting a second opinion if you are concerned that the other doctor missed something. You have a right to have a second opinion. Also, getting it checked regularly (every year if you like, though every 3-5 years is fine too) is something I do. Even though I haven't been diagnosed with anything, the doctor wanted me to get checked regularly in case anything did happen to pop up on results.

Also, if you can find anything that triggers you, write it down. You might not even notice the trigger until you write down EXACTLY what you were doing, what time, what day, and how you were feeling physically and mentally before hand. Keep a diary for every time it happens.

You might discover it happens in one room only and could be allergy related. Or, it could be when you are relaxed most. Etc.

Feel free to PM if you ever want to talk, and I hope you get this figured out!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
jenntasticxx Offline
supermegafoxyawesomehot
Average Joe

Name: Jenn

Re: chest pains. - May 30th 2012, 08:42 PM

Thanks for your reply! i got an ekg about two years ago, so maybe ill talk to my doctor soon, because i have a different one than a couple years ago. it really seems completely random. i've only had them 2 times yesterday, and one i was just talking to my family in the dining room, and another, i was laying down in the basement. i've also had them at school, in the car, and at a pet store. it's really weird. i guess ill see what my doctor has to say :]

Closed Thread