TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TheGreekGuru Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Bone Pain - May 30th 2012, 10:43 AM

I have been having these random pains in my bone specifically in my right sometimes left arm for about a year maybe 2. Anyway the pain will last a day sometimes 2 days at the most and then it will go away and come back like 2 months later or sooner; no later than 4 months apart. Its a soar kinda feeling in my upper arm, a little under the shoulder. I am 14 and my dad said that I was either sleeping on my arms a funny way, or I was just experiencing growing pains. Is that normal? Sometimes the pain is so bad I can't sleep(this only happened twice where it hurt that bad). I looked that up on google and it brought up something about bone cancer....... Could that be it????!?? Any helpful info will be greatly appreciated!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mitch Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mitchell

Re: Bone Pain - May 30th 2012, 11:26 AM

I had growing pains in my knees when I was about 10 years old - it was fine some days but really saw at times - lasted for about 1-2 years gradually decreasing occurence over time. It is where the muscles and bones grow faster and there is not enough bodily fluid to basically 'oil' the joints - or so I was told anyway. But it could be some sort of disease true, or maybe you just don't get enough calcium in your diet - or maybe you are lacking testosterone. My father has had low testosterone for years and now he is nearly 50 and has really bad arthiritis and several other serious health problems. My brother is only 17 but may already have been suffering from low testosterone - he should have a lot more facial hair but he doesn't - I'm only 14 and I have more of a moustache than he does!
Saying all that though, it's probably just the growing pains, but definitely worth checking with a doctor.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Bone Pain - May 30th 2012, 05:12 PM

Your profile says you are 14. If that is true, Mitchell is right that it could just be growing pains. Some people don't notice them, whereas others feel a sharp, almost stabbing or burning ache. They can last a second or nearly an hour and come and go throughout the day.

Bone cancer is uncommon, especially at such a young age. Granted, it could happen. However, most people either have more than one symptom, or no symptoms at all.

If it concerns you, you should see a doctor or talk to your parents. You can also see a doctor about growing pains, as some can provide you with some wonderful tips that might help with the pain.

Closed Thread