TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Agony Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Exclamation What's happening?? - June 10th 2012, 05:35 AM

Ever since October I've had a back injury. I get numbness in my legs, arms, back, hips, head and face randomly. My shoulders, neck and back are in constant pain all the time. I have trouble breathing a lot, at least 5 times a day now. I get weak randomly and feel like I'm going to pass out. I get dizzy and sometimes black out. I am always tired, even when I sleep really good and eat a healthy diet. I get plenty of exercise and I'm not over weight or under weight. Im very athletic but I don't over do it. I've had 2 Mris of my brain and they couldn't find anything, I'm getting 2 more on my back next Friday. I had my blood drawn but all they could find was that my vitamin D was low so now I'm on vitamin supplements. I took a test where they see how long it takes these electrical pulses to reach my brain but I haven't gotten the test results back yet. Any ides what could be wrong with me?? I'm starting to get worried/scared and I hate feeling like I'm about to drop dead all the time :/

Wanted to add that I also have headaches/migraines everyday. I also can't bend over from the waist because if I stay bent for a little while I get dizzy and start sweating and my back hurts really bad.

When I'm sad I think, "I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt!"

You can't change fate, but you can change your attitude towards it.
Former user: xArchDreamerx

Became a HelpLINK mentor on July 13th, 2013

Last edited by Agony; June 10th 2012 at 02:44 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Cather Offline
Not a n00b

Re: What's happening?? - June 10th 2012, 06:40 AM

I know it's terrifying not knowing what's wrong, but try to stay positive--you're doing everything you can to get this sorted out. Besides, half the battle is actually getting to the doctor and convincing them that they need to run more tests than just blood work. And the fact that your brain MRIs were negative can be a good thing. I say 'can' because I know how frustrating it is to get your hopes up for a diagnosis only to have your results come back normal. However, the clean MRI's rule out a lot of scary possibilities.

You're still waiting for some test results, and still have a few more tests to run--something is bound to show up in them to clue your doctors into what's wrong. I know waiting is like the absolute worst part of the process, but you'll get through it. Time passes whether we want it to or not. They're going to figure out what's wrong, and in the mean time stay strong, if you need anything, my PM box is always open.

If no one cared, I wouldn't be sitting here typing this.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Agony Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: What's happening?? - June 10th 2012, 05:34 PM

I feel even worse today :/ my diet is also weird, some days I love something and eat a ton the next I can't stomach anything and I can hardly eat

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Agony Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: What's happening?? - June 11th 2012, 03:18 AM

I srsly think I'm dying...I can't take much more of this

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MindBodySpirit Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Not Michael

Re: What's happening?? - June 12th 2012, 12:29 AM

Numbness and tingling makes me think that there is something happening with the nervous system. Perhaps there is some compression of the different nerve plexuses in your body. I'd say when you go in for tests, ask what they're testing for. I think the electrical stimulation testing was done to see if the nerves were conducting properly.

Who knows. Maybe you can get something for any of the pain you're feeling. Or maybe you will need physiotherapy, and/or massage once you start to recover. If you have any concerns, just ask the doctors. Really, it can be any concerns.

Closed Thread