TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

how to have a balance diet - June 25th 2012, 03:05 PM

Okay i eat junk food everyday and allot of fruit and the other food that's in the eat well plate. how to eat less junk food?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
youbetheanchor Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jon

Re: how to have a balance diet - June 25th 2012, 04:27 PM

I recently started cutting down on my junk food as well. The easiest way for me is replacing my sweets (like chocolate, ice cream, etc) with citrus fruits (like oranges and lemons). This just seems to work for me.

I'd suggest trying to just ween off of it: record how much you normally eat, then over the course of a few weeks cut it down until you are where you want to be!

"And if you sing to me sweet until then, I may never sail Virginia again"
~Jon
  Send a message via AIM to youbetheanchor Send a message via Skype™ to youbetheanchor 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Debaser Offline
Tabula Rasa
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Louise

Re: how to have a balance diet - June 25th 2012, 04:35 PM

Healthy alternative snacks and well balanaced meals 3 times a day. I personally find snacking on things like rice cakes, fruit and yogurt stop my junkfood temptaions. Your local GP could be really helpful on this, referr you to a diatician and start you with a healthy eating plan, slowly reducing the amount of junk food you eat.

Send a message via MSN to Debaser Send a message via Skype™ to Debaser 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: how to have a balance diet - June 25th 2012, 09:36 PM

I suggest that you try to cut out the junk food, but you could still eat it every week. Try to incorporate more of the healthy stuff and start to slowly cut out the bad stuff.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: how to have a balance diet - June 25th 2012, 11:43 PM

I find I have done better by trying to be more "domestic" (AKA, just trying to make everything at home). Like instead of buying cookies or cupcakes or what ever, I'll cook it myself FROM SCRATCH and give some of them to my friends. That way I have to go get the ingredients and will make it less and possibly give up and decide to have an apple instead stuff like that.

And I am trying harder to avoid fast food, like if someone wants to go by some fast food restaurant my new goal is to just say no, and explain that A) I am the driver so I am not obligated to take my car anywhere I don't wanna go and that B) I am trying to be healthier so I am not going somewhere that will tempt me. My goal is to be like "no, let's take that $10 or what ever and pitch it in for food at the grocery store". That way I won't end up being like "yummmm burger" haha... Not that I am cutting it out all together, but I am just trying to avoid temptation by going there and ending up with food I didn't want just cause a friend eats like shit and I saw a burger that LOOKS good and makes ME feel like shit....

I am also trying to learn how to cook more healthier meals. I don't believe in cutting things like pasta or bread out. I think you should eat how you plan to eat for the next 50 years. And only someone with health issues requiring it or some slightly nuts/intense person would NEVER eat bread.... And things like spaghetti and lasagna are SUPER easy to make, plus you can freeze them for later, like make 2 or 3 and freeze the extra one(s) so that you can bring it out during a time that you're to busy to cook a bunch. PLUS even like today I bought 2 pies (they're homemade by the mennonites) and i am just going to have 1 piece from each kinda thing from each the next day or 2 but freeze the rest in zip loc baggies, that way I can just take out a piece here and there (or 2 pieces or what ever amount is necessary for if I have company)....

You should also start "learning" how to cook because if you are ANYTHING like me, the challenge of learning how to cook might be a good motivator. I am one of those people who get bored/restless VERY easily and do best by learning new things, and part of my whole "domestic" attempt is to learn new recipes (hence why I quoted it to begin with... I learned how to cook years ago haha)....

Closed Thread