TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Do you think? - June 30th 2012, 10:21 PM

Lately I've been having horrible pain in bladder after I pee and every time I'm peeing.

My vagina burns and itches like fucking hell!

My mom said its a bladder infection because I'm not drinking enough. I'm scared of peeing now because I'm scared of the pain and I go the doctors in 2 weeks!

I'm drinking cranberry juice but that can only bring some relief until I can get antibiotics for this.

But should I go to the doctors right away with this? Should I go to an walk in clinic? I might ask my mom to take me if I still have pain by Monday to a walk in clinic.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: Do you think? - July 1st 2012, 07:19 PM

We're not professionals, so we can't formally diagnose you. It sounds like you might have a yeast infection or vaginitis, but I think you should try and go to a walk in clinic as soon you can or are able to go.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Do you think? - July 1st 2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats315 View Post
We're not professionals, so we can't formally diagnose you. It sounds like you might have a yeast infection or vaginitis, but I think you should try and go to a walk in clinic as soon you can or are able to go.
I know you guys aren't professionals. I didn't write it in that way. I'm sorry.

I don't think it is a yeast infection because I'm not inflamed and it only itches for a few minutes then stop. I don't think yeast infections have trouble urinating too.

My mom is taking me tomorrow to a walk in clinic for antibiotics.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Do you think? - July 2nd 2012, 12:45 AM

Yeast infections are very similar to bladder infections. However, usually a yeast infection is accompanied with white cottage-cheese-like substance and a fish smell.

It does sound like you might have a bladder infection, which can be caused due to lack of hygiene/not proper washing, wiping back to front (women), if having sexual intercourse - old condoms (sometimes not even past expiration date), etc.

There are several ways, and sometimes you do everything possible to prevent one, and it still happens!

Anyways, I would schedule with a doctor ASAP, but unless you can afford a walk-in clinic, then wait to see your GP (General practice doctor/family doctor). Usually they don't suddenly turn severe.

For example, I was a bit swollen for almost a week, but no other symptoms. The following week, I was a bit feverish. Two days later, I was seeing a bit of blood on the toilet paper, but thought it might be my period coming in. Another week, and I was pale, fatigued, high fever, and passing out. Turns out I had a bladder infection the whole time, but with very few symptoms! By time we realized what was happening, I was being rushed to the hospital and had a kidney infection.

So, they CAN turn severe, but it takes awhile generally. If you would rather see your family doctor, make an appointment for this week, otherwise a walk-in clinic if you would need to wait over a week.

Drink plenty of water and keep drinking the cranberry juice. Avoid caffeine.
Hope you feel better soon!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Do you think? - July 2nd 2012, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape_thereal_world View Post
Yeast infections are very similar to bladder infections. However, usually a yeast infection is accompanied with white cottage-cheese-like substance and a fish smell.

It does sound like you might have a bladder infection, which can be caused due to lack of hygiene/not proper washing, wiping back to front (women), if having sexual intercourse - old condoms (sometimes not even past expiration date), etc.

There are several ways, and sometimes you do everything possible to prevent one, and it still happens!

Anyways, I would schedule with a doctor ASAP, but unless you can afford a walk-in clinic, then wait to see your GP (General practice doctor/family doctor). Usually they don't suddenly turn severe.

For example, I was a bit swollen for almost a week, but no other symptoms. The following week, I was a bit feverish. Two days later, I was seeing a bit of blood on the toilet paper, but thought it might be my period coming in. Another week, and I was pale, fatigued, high fever, and passing out. Turns out I had a bladder infection the whole time, but with very few symptoms! By time we realized what was happening, I was being rushed to the hospital and had a kidney infection.

So, they CAN turn severe, but it takes awhile generally. If you would rather see your family doctor, make an appointment for this week, otherwise a walk-in clinic if you would need to wait over a week.

Drink plenty of water and keep drinking the cranberry juice. Avoid caffeine.
Hope you feel better soon!
I'm quite surprised that my bladder pain had stopped and I have no fishy smell or cottage cheese discharge. The walk in clinic I go to has an in-lab and in only 20 minutes they have my results back. I went there before and I had a UTI. But my first time with bladder pain and I'm bit worried, I don't care if I don't have the pain tomorrow I much rather have an urine test done and get my results back.

Then sit here a least like another 2 weeks before I see my GP for a physical.

Closed Thread