TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Zen Ryochan Offline
Love and Tolerate
Average Joe

Name: Ryan

sting - July 4th 2012, 04:25 AM

Got stung on my finger dont know what by. No stinger but hand is swelling up and i think i have hives forming. No trouble breathing but in a lot of pain. Taken antihistamine and using ice but in a ton of pain... im worried

"To suspect your own mortality is to know the beginning of terror; to learn irrefutably that you are mortal is to know the end of terror." -Frank Herbert

“To love our enemy is impossible. The moment we understand our enemy, we feel compassion towards him or her, and he or she is no longer our enemy.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Re: sting - July 4th 2012, 04:30 AM

Sounds like what ever got you.. You're allergic too.

Hives are one way of telling you're allergic to something. I would if you have the money maybe go to a walk in clinic or to your doctors and they will give you a shot to bring the swelling down.

I hope you feel better.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Zen Ryochan Offline
Love and Tolerate
Average Joe

Re: sting - July 4th 2012, 04:36 AM

Cant really go to doctor unles its emergency

"To suspect your own mortality is to know the beginning of terror; to learn irrefutably that you are mortal is to know the end of terror." -Frank Herbert

“To love our enemy is impossible. The moment we understand our enemy, we feel compassion towards him or her, and he or she is no longer our enemy.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Re: sting - July 4th 2012, 04:48 AM

I think if you keep on taking the antihistamine and putting ice on it, and it still doesn't go down with the hives or swelling, I would go to the doctors right away.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Zen Ryochan Offline
Love and Tolerate
Average Joe

Re: sting - July 4th 2012, 04:57 AM

Yeah.. ive never felt anything so painful. And ive been stabbed and broken bones.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: sting - July 4th 2012, 05:48 PM

I think you need to go see a doctor or go to the emergency room. If you see hives, then 9 times out of 10, you're probably allergic to what ever stung you. If you are taking an Antihistamine and putting ice on it, but it still isn't going away, then you probably need to go to the emergency room or a doctor or a walk in clinic.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Zen Ryochan Offline
Love and Tolerate
Average Joe

Re: sting - July 5th 2012, 12:19 AM

Well the hives have gone away and the swelling is going down but i still have intense pain in the entire arm

Closed Thread