TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Toxic Roses Offline
Imma Monster ha ha ha
Not a n00b

Name: Anna

Tailbone - July 6th 2012, 07:19 AM

Well about 5 years ago when I was 11 I fell while I was roller blading. I fell on concrete and it hurt realllllly bad. Like shooting pain. My parents to ok me to the urgent care in town but I got scared when the doctor had to feel my butt to see if it was broken. And he said he couldn't tell and their x ray wasn't strong enough to see for sure, so go to the hospital but we didn't go ebcause my parents said they can't fix a hurt tailbone anyway. So we never knew excactly what I did to it. It's five eyears later and it still bothers me and always has. I can't sit in one spot for more than a couple hours or it starts to hurt. I cant do sit ups at all. And sometimes when I wake up I slept on it wrong or something and it hurts so I just flex my butt muscles and it pops my tailbone. I was wondering if since it's been so long if they could do anything to try to fix it because idk what i did but i'd say it didn't heal right or something becuase I can liteally pop my tailbone like people pop their knuckles. Is there something they could do to fix it so I can sit still and do sit ups and stuff? Or will I have to deal with this stupid annoying pain forever????

Hey youuuu!!!!! Yes you!!! Heres my info if you ever need help or want someone to talk toooo!!!!

email ashes2ashes321@gmail.com
cell (text only plz) 510 986 4622
youuu can always pm me here too!!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Tailbone - July 6th 2012, 12:19 PM

I suggest going to a doctor. If you have damaged your tailbone, there isn't much at home care you can do. You may have torn some ligaments near your tailbone, cracked your tailbone, or dislocated it.

However, was there swelling for at least 2 days after the fall? If so, you may have broken it or cracked (fractured) it.

The only thing I can suggest is Tylenol or Ibuprofen for pain and sitting on something soft, like a pillow. There are also things called 'butt pillows'. They are a cushy pillow with a hole in the middle. This is perfect for any injury located around your bum

Plus, they are quite comfy! But yes, I would suggest seeing a doctor to see what they think. I know my sister had this issue for years after she fell, also skating. Doctors said she bruised it after she went to the doctors. And apparently since it is a very used portion for sitting and standing, it just never fully healed and kept bruising. So she was ordered to bed rest for two weeks to allow it to finally heal.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Toxic Roses Offline
Imma Monster ha ha ha
Not a n00b

Name: Anna

Re: Tailbone - July 8th 2012, 10:59 PM

I don't remember if there was any swelling or not I just remmeber it hurt bad and I cried and went to the doctor who said he wasn't sure. I used a butt pillow after I hurt it for like a week or two weeks but it's still been hurt ever since. I'll see if I can get to a doctor about it, but I don't like doctors especially not involving my lower body parts and my main doctor is a guy and i don't like guy doctos, it wasn't up to me though, and I don't think I'd be okay with him having to look at and x ray my butt or do things like that. It was weird enough having to ask about the bc pill and say that yes I had sex, and was using it as protection and for periods and that I came in alone because my parents didn't know. And I can't do bed rest, I don't have a bed, I sleep on the couch.

Hey youuuu!!!!! Yes you!!! Heres my info if you ever need help or want someone to talk toooo!!!!

email ashes2ashes321@gmail.com
cell (text only plz) 510 986 4622
youuu can always pm me here too!!!!

Closed Thread