TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jamesbb Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 10,782, Level: 15 Points: 10,782, Level: 15 Points: 10,782, Level: 15

Can sperm survive like this? - July 8th 2012, 09:41 PM

QUESTION 1: If I had sperm on my fingers then I washed my hands with soap (but not very thoroughly) then tried them with towel then fingered my gf. What are the chances that I still had alive sperm on my fingers or inside my nails which I could pass in her vagina when I fingered her? While I was washing my hands, I did use soap but I didn't wash the hands thoroughly (didn't wash inside of the nails) then tried my hands. I think all sperm washed away or died which was on my fingers and no live sperm could be there as my fingers were completely dried after washing hands. But could sperm live underneath the finger nails for sometime?

QUESTION 2: Does soap always kill the sperm?

QUESTION 3: Is there any chance of pre-cum having sperm in it? if you had ejaculated yesterday and urinated a couple of times since then.

QUESTION 4: Is one proper urination enough to wash out ALL the sperm in the urethra?

Please answer all four questions in as much detail as you can.
Thanks!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Can sperm survive like this? - July 8th 2012, 11:50 PM

Question 1: If you washed your hands, then no. Even with a little bit of washing, there is literally no chance for the sperm to have possibly gotten inside your girlfriend's vagina.

Question 2: Once sperm hits air, most of it dies, and quickly. It needs a moist area in order to live, like inside the vagina. Is air moist? Not normally. Therefore, when sperm hits the air, it dies and washing with soap and water will remove any other "leftover"'s that might have been sticking around. (however, you should always wash your hands before and after fingering your girlfriend. It's the sanitary thing to do).

Question 3: Pre-cum itself does not contain sperm. It only contains sperm if you ejaculated previously, and didn't urinate afterwards. Urinating, since you urinate and ejaculate from the same hole (called the urethra), it pushes out any extra left overs. Washing your genitals after with mild soap and water will ensure a clean area with little chance for "leftover" sperm and/or pre-cum. If you urinate several times after ejaculating, there would be no left over sperm.

Question 4: Yes, urinating once after ejaculation will remove any access sperm from the urethra.

So, in all honesty, it seems you're freaking out over nothing. There is only one possible way for a girl to get pregnant, and that's through sex. Vaginal intercourse. She cannot get pregnant from oral or anal sex. Even if you tried, it just wouldn't happen. Stop worrying, and enjoy being intimate with your girlfriend. She can most likely sense that you're nervous during the course of being intimate, which isn't a good feeling for us.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Spicy_ Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 17,982, Level: 19 Points: 17,982, Level: 19 Points: 17,982, Level: 19

Re: Can sperm survive like this? - July 9th 2012, 12:01 AM

Hey there!

1: washing your hand will wash away all the sperm.
2: Yes with the water in soap and used to wash your hands it will wash the sperm off.
3: yes when you precum, you are in fact releasing sperm; the amount maybe significantly less but studies have showned that precum can contain sperm. be sure to use a condom before intercorse to prevent this
4: urenation can kill or wash out sperm but there's always some left over.

Hope that helped

Through darkness does the light shine even brighter
PM/VM

Last edited by Spicy_; July 9th 2012 at 12:15 AM.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Can sperm survive like this? - July 9th 2012, 02:05 AM

QUESTION 1: You'd be fine, most sperm dies when it hits the air anyway, so don't worry about it.

QUESTION 2: No, and what I mean by that is that you can't use it as a spermicide on a condom or something. By washing your hands, look at answer #1, you'd be fine.

QUESTION 3: CHANCE? Possibly. Likelihood? No.

QUESTION 4: Once again, this gets technical, like "Every single sperm" out of the millions? Probably not, but enough to be safe? Of course.

Also, the best thing to do is just use a condom. No worries at all.

something burning?
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
jamesbb Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Can sperm survive like this? - July 10th 2012, 09:28 PM

Thank you all. I kind of already knew the answers but just wanted to make sure that's why I asked over here. This is a wonderful community. I try to be as careful as I can. I try to keep my penis away from her vagina while we are making love. Either I am wearing a underwear or I ask her to wear one just to be safe. Then when I ejaculate I try to keep the sperm as far away from her vagina as possible. Just to be sure, she washes her vagina with soap after it. So generally we try to be as careful as we can.

There is something that's started to worry me. If you take a look at my older posts, you will get to know about my previous sexual encounters with my girlfriend where there was some chance of pregnancy. What's worrying me now is that her belly is getting a little bigger.

Is it possible that she has been pregnant for months now and we didn't know?

Out of these http://www.americanpregnancy.org/get...symptoms.html/, the only pregnancy symptoms that she has had in the past 5-6 months:

1. Headaches. Probably cause of heat.
2. 10 days of nausea. No vomiting. Nausea was after food poisoning and lasted 10 days. Dates are roughly 15th May - 25th May. That's the only time she has felt nausea.

That's it. No other symptoms. Since we started getting physical, she has been having normal periods on time (only 1 or 2 days before or after her date) and her periods have always lasted for 5 days. And we never had intercourse. If sperm ever went inside her during all these months, the only way it could have happened was that it slipped inside her when I ejaculated near her vagina or my fingers took it in during fingering. If my fingers took it in then it was VERY less, less enough that the white sticky liquid couldn't be seen with human eye.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by jamesbb; July 10th 2012 at 09:37 PM.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Can sperm survive like this? - July 10th 2012, 10:10 PM

I'm glad you've felt welcome in our community. That's what TeenHelp sis for!

We can't tell you whether or not she is pregnant, just from the symptoms she's had the last few months. Want to know how many of those symptoms I have had for pregnancy within the last few months? Almost all of them, and I am not pregnant. Headaches, backaches, delayed periods? These are things that can happen to anybody, and can be a symptom of a WHOLE LOT more things than just pregnancy. So rather than being stuck wondering, just get her a pregnancy test and find out for sure!

something burning?
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
jamesbb Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Can sperm survive like this? - July 10th 2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
I'm glad you've felt welcome in our community. That's what TeenHelp sis for!

We can't tell you whether or not she is pregnant, just from the symptoms she's had the last few months. Want to know how many of those symptoms I have had for pregnancy within the last few months? Almost all of them, and I am not pregnant. Headaches, backaches, delayed periods? These are things that can happen to anybody, and can be a symptom of a WHOLE LOT more things than just pregnancy. So rather than being stuck wondering, just get her a pregnancy test and find out for sure!
That's the thing. She hasn't had any symptoms except headaches. No delayed or missed period. All periods were on time and lasted 5 days. Doesn't this rule out pregnancy? Nausea lasted only 10 days and it was probably because of the food poisoning. Morning sickness nausea lasts more than 10 days, doesn't it? Getting a pregnancy test will just freak her out. And it's very hard for teenagers to get it where I live. That's why I ask questions here otherwise I would just get a test. I understand you cannot tell but what would be your educated guess? When does abdomen starts to get bigger in pregnancy?
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Can sperm survive like this? - July 10th 2012, 11:45 PM

If she was pregnant, she'd likely be showing already. The baby doesn't stay a bean the whole time. It would roughly be around 3 or 4 pounds by this point if she were pregnant, which means, her stomach would have already stretched to accommodate a growing child. She is likely not pregnant, but then again, only a test could tell you for sure. But, honestly, you have nothing to worry about.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
Closed Thread