TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PichiPichiHanon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Corinne

Exclamation NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 03:30 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Long story short I tried to OD on Friday and Monday and the total amount of Ibuprofen was (I know this is going to get edited out) [Edited]. I think I might have acute renal failure. I exhibit all of the symptoms (according to WIkipedia) except for the loss of appetite. Is this at all possible? HELP!!!

Last edited by Celyn; January 28th 2017 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Please don't post substance amounts.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
This Time I'll Make You Proud.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Fallon

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 03:38 AM

Ugh you poor thing. You should of thought about it.. :c
The only thing I can tell you is to confess to your parents/guardian or call the police to get help right away.

"..And if you're perusing the social media networks, I urge you to keep your fucking opinions to yourself. If you're going ruin someone's day, ruin your own."
- Bert McCracken

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PichiPichiHanon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridescence View Post
Ugh you poor thing. You should of thought about it.. :c
The only thing I can tell you is to confess to your parents/guardian or call the police to get help right away.
But.... I don't want to end up in some menatl hospital or something...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 03:50 AM

It's much better than dying of kidney failure. Also, they usually don't put people in a mental hospital who attempt suicide.
If you don't tell someone soon, I'll take it upon myself to do so.

"..And if you're perusing the social media networks, I urge you to keep your fucking opinions to yourself. If you're going ruin someone's day, ruin your own."
- Bert McCracken

(#5 (permalink)) Old
PichiPichiHanon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 03:56 AM

Quote:
It's much better than dying of kidney failure. Also, they usually don't put people in a mental hospital who attempt suicide.
If you don't tell someone soon, I'll take it upon myself to do so.
And just who would you tell

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 03:57 AM

I'll call the suicide hotline or the police.

- Bert McCracken

(#7 (permalink)) Old
PichiPichiHanon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 04:00 AM

Quote:
I'll call the suicide hotline or the police.
You don't know where I live

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 04:09 AM

You clearly live in Ohio. But this is all besides the point. You need to tell someone and get help or you will end up dying and you are a wonderful, beautiful, special girl who needs to be alive to see everything get better.

- Bert McCracken

(#9 (permalink)) Old
PichiPichiHanon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 04:11 AM

Quote:
You clearly live in Ohio. But this is all besides the point. You need to tell someone and get help or you will end up dying and you are a wonderful, beautiful, special girl who needs to be alive to see everything get better.
Things aren't going to get better anytime soon becuase my parents are getting a divorce

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 04:15 AM

I know how that feels, my parents nearly got a divorce a few years ago. But you can't quit now. Sure things will be quite shitty because of that, but that doesn't mean you have to kill yourself because of it.

- Bert McCracken

(#11 (permalink)) Old
PichiPichiHanon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 04:16 AM

Quote:
I know how that feels, my parents nearly got a divorce a few years ago. But you can't quit now. Sure things will be quite shitty because of that, but that doesn't mean you have to kill yourself because of it.
Well I think its too late at this point...

(#12 (permalink)) Old
lolalovesyou Offline
Lola
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lola

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 04:28 AM

My friend did something like this a couple of years ago. Granted it wasn't [Edited] pills, but it was still a significant amount that it would really mess up her system. Anyways, I cannot stress enough that you NEED TO GET MEDICAL ATTENTION NOW! She almost had kidney failure because of it. And just so you know, you will NOT go to a mental hospital. They will keep you in the hospital for a 48-hour suicide watch, but they will not make you go anywhere (like a mental hospital). You would need to have had a long history of self-abuse to go somewhere like that.

Last edited by Celyn; January 28th 2017 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Please don't post substance amounts

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 04:30 AM

Please just tell someone. I know it's scary, but it's scarier to just let yourself die when you can get help.

- Bert McCracken

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 04:33 AM

The best thing to do if you haven't done so already is to call 911 or go to the hospital, it's really the only way to take care of this.

As a general point, no one here is allowed to contact emergency services on your behalf.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#15 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Associate Live Help Operator
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Angelica

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 04:51 AM

Hey,

As Katie said, no one is allowed to contact the police or any other medical services for you as that is against Teen Help's policy. But with that said, you do need to seek medical attention yourself. You posted this thread, so it's clear that you do want help. You really do. Because if you didn't want help, you wouldn't have posted this thread. I know it's scary, I would be scared too. But that's the thing. The effects of not telling anyone are going to be a lot scarier than the effects of standing up and telling someone. I can't imagine how upsetting that would be for you to have your parents potentially get a divorce. But listen to me. How is it going to help anything if you're not here? You might think that you are unloved or not cared for but that's not true. You know, you may not believe me, or it may make no difference to you, but I don't even know you and I care. And yes, that's possible. Look, I really do care and you need medical attention right away at this point. Don't say it's too late. You're not a doctor and you don't know that. You can get through this, just please get some help. Tell your parents or call 911. Don't go through this alone. Know that we're here for you. <3

~Angelica

Formerly jelli1224

Trusting is not a mistake, but it is important to realize that things change. ~ Kmn483<3Bliz

Please feel free to PM me. I love to help others, and can be an ear to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, or a face to scream at. <3

Help LINK Mentor - March 19th 2011 to April 16th 2011

Live Help Operator - February 18th 2012 to June 4th, 2012

Associate Live Help Operator - August 13th 2012 <3

(#16 (permalink)) Old
sherlock11 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisPrincess View Post
Hey,

As Katie said, no one is allowed to contact the police or any other medical services for you as that is against Teen Help's policy. But with that said, you do need to seek medical attention yourself. You posted this thread, so it's clear that you do want help. You really do. Because if you didn't want help, you wouldn't have posted this thread. I know it's scary, I would be scared too. But that's the thing. The effects of not telling anyone are going to be a lot scarier than the effects of standing up and telling someone. I can't imagine how upsetting that would be for you to have your parents potentially get a divorce. But listen to me. How is it going to help anything if you're not here? You might think that you are unloved or not cared for but that's not true. You know, you may not believe me, or it may make no difference to you, but I don't even know you and I care. And yes, that's possible. Look, I really do care and you need medical attention right away at this point. Don't say it's too late. You're not a doctor and you don't know that. You can get through this, just please get some help. Tell your parents or call 911. Don't go through this alone. Know that we're here for you. <3

~Angelica
Same. We care for you even if we dont know you. Tell someone!
  Send a message via Skype™ to sherlock11 
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
PichiPichiHanon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolalovesyou View Post
My friend did something like this a couple of years ago. Granted it wasn't 150 pills, but it was still a significant amount that it would really mess up her system. Anyways, I cannot stress enough that you NEED TO GET MEDICAL ATTENTION NOW! She almost had kidney failure because of it. And just so you know, you will NOT go to a mental hospital. They will keep you in the hospital for a 48-hour suicide watch, but they will not make you go anywhere (like a mental hospital). You would need to have had a long history of self-abuse to go somewhere like that.
I do have a long history of self abuse

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 05:18 AM

I know this is scary, but this isn't about what you do or don't want to happen it's about what you need. No one wants to end up addmitted to the hospital or anywhere else, but sometimes it's needed and in your case it clearly is. I'm sorry that you were feeling so bad that you did what you did, but now you need to take care of it.

My parents have been divorced for almost 16 years now, it's really not as bad as you might think. Once you get this taken care of feel free to talk with me about it.

I know I'm being harsh with you, but it's because I care enough to tell you straight up what you need to do and that is to seek medical attention immediately regardless of the consequences.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#19 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichiPichiHanon View Post
I do have a long history of self abuse
Alright, well that's the thing. This is no longer about what you want. You NEED to get help. By posting this thread, you showed that you wanted help. Did you honestly think we were just going to stand by and be like, "Oh okay. That's fine. We're not going to do anything about it?" I know you might think all of us are being short with you but that's not because we don't care. In fact, it's atually quite opposite. It's because we do care that we want to make sure you are getting the medical attention you need and deserve. Even if you do have a history of self abuse and they know this, really thinking about it, why is a mental hospital so bad? Sure, you may feel silly. And things might not always be comfortable there. I know as a teen we'd all have better places we'd want to be. But let's face it. Spending some time in a mental hospital is a lot better than not existing at all. Girl, you have your entire life to live. You can do this and you're so much stronger than this. We can't call 911 for you. It really is up to you to get yourself the help you need and deserve. Here for you,

~Angelica

Formerly jelli1224

Trusting is not a mistake, but it is important to realize that things change. ~ Kmn483<3Bliz

Please feel free to PM me. I love to help others, and can be an ear to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, or a face to scream at. <3

(#20 (permalink)) Old
PichiPichiHanon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Alright, well that's the thing. This is no longer about what you want. You NEED to get help. By posting this thread, you showed that you wanted help. Did you honestly think we were just going to stand by and be like, "Oh okay. That's fine. We're not going to do anything about it?" I know you might think all of us are being short with you but that's not because we don't care. In fact, it's atually quite opposite. It's because we do care that we want to make sure you are getting the medical attention you need and deserve. Even if you do have a history of self abuse and they know this, really thinking about it, why is a mental hospital so bad? Sure, you may feel silly. And things might not always be comfortable there. I know as a teen we'd all have better places we'd want to be. But let's face it. Spending some time in a mental hospital is a lot better than not existing at all. Girl, you have your entire life to live. You can do this and you're so much stronger than this. We can't call 911 for you. It really is up to you to get yourself the help you need and deserve. Here for you,

~Angelica
Literally too late parents are asleep..

(#21 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichiPichiHanon View Post
Literally too late parents are asleep..
And you don't think this is serious enough to wake them up? Please go wake them up. It'll be so much better when you do. Just go wake them up and let them know what happened so they can get you help. They won't mind being woken up to help you. You have to help yourself if you're going to get better. We can't make you tell your parents anything, or call 911 yourself. All we can do is try to convince you to do the right thing. But remember that. Yes, things are scary if you tell someone. But things are so much more scary when you don't. Please go wake them up and let them know. You really need some help right now.

~Angelica

Formerly jelli1224

(#22 (permalink)) Old
PichiPichiHanon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
And you don't think this is serious enough to wake them up? Please go wake them up. It'll be so much better when you do. Just go wake them up and let them know what happened so they can get you help. They won't mind being woken up to help you. You have to help yourself if you're going to get better. We can't make you tell your parents anything, or call 911 yourself. All we can do is try to convince you to do the right thing. But remember that. Yes, things are scary if you tell someone. But things are so much more scary when you don't. Please go wake them up and let them know. You really need some help right now.

~Angelica
I'll do it tomorrow

"All we are is dust in the wind"
-Kansas

(#23 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 12:36 PM

Alright. Let us know how it goes, we're here for you.

~Angelica

Formerly jelli1224

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 01:30 PM

Please get help. You are only 14, you have so much to live for. When you tell your parents, they will probably take you to the same mental hospital or something like that. Who cares if you go to the same mental hospital. All that should matter is you are getting help. I know things are tough for you right now, but please look on the bright side of things.

Please stay strong and never give up hope.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 19th 2012, 01:50 PM

Hey,

Instead of waiting, I think you need to get help as soon as you can. It doesn't matter how late it is, this is an emergency. You need medical help immediately. We can provide you with help and support, but we can't give you the medical help you need right now.

Don't think too far ahead right now. What happens in the future, whether that be a hospital or therapy, is in the future. Right now, you need immediate attention.

Laura

Take as long as you need.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
PichiPichiHanon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 20th 2012, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Alright. Let us know how it goes, we're here for you.

~Angelica
I feel better I just think that the pills fucked my stomach up

-Kansas

(#27 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 20th 2012, 04:34 AM

Go to the motherloving hospital. You may have kidney failure, you may develop ulcers, you may have damaged your liver.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#28 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 20th 2012, 05:13 AM

Corinne, Justin is right. You need help and you need it now. You easily could have damage to your liver. Don't just go on the idea that your stomach is messed up- get help for it. Go to the hospital. Please, we don't want you to be hurt. Just please go to the hospital.

~Angelica

Formerly jelli1224

(#29 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 20th 2012, 05:23 AM

Hey, I just wanted to add something of my own experience:

When I was 18 I took an overdose almost exactly the same as what you've taken (except I lumped in some Ritalin and Paracetamol too, for good measure, but that's beside the point).

I was seen within 3 hours of the O.D., they gave me two bags of saline solution to flush out my kidneys, an anti-emetic that it turns out I'm allergic to (I threw up a LOT, but they try and prevent vomitting with ibuprofen overdose as it is quite acidic), spent a week taking a general antiacid tablet, and had my liver and renal functioning tested multiple times over the following months.

I also had a history of self-abuse, however it was my first O.D. and I was allowed to go home once I was medically cleared.

But as everyone has said, you HAVE to get medical attention for this. At this stage it'll just be damage control, but it's important for that to happen, and to prevent any further damage. The only reason I didn't get a stomach ulcer or suffer from stomach bleeding (both of which are highly possible with an overdose of that magnitude) was because I was seen by emergency services in a timely manner.

I hope that next time we hear from you, you will have been seen by an emergency department and been treated for this. Good luck!

(#30 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 20th 2012, 05:28 AM

Exactly. This is serious fuckingbuisness. You need to get help now or you will have to suffer for your entire life. You don't seem to realize how important this is.

- Justin

Technologic

(#31 (permalink)) Old
UnicornGurl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ex

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 20th 2012, 05:54 AM

This is your freaking LIFE! Dont just sleep on it! Get out of bed and knock on the door of your parents roomm and tell them you ate the pills and you are scared. Please, do something. It would break my damned heart if you got sick, or died.

STAY STRONG <3

(#32 (permalink)) Old
PichiPichiHanon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 20th 2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornGurl View Post
This is your freaking LIFE! Dont just sleep on it! Get out of bed and knock on the door of your parents roomm and tell them you ate the pills and you are scared. Please, do something. It would break my damned heart if you got sick, or died.

STAY STRONG <3
I'M FINEEEEE

-Kansas

(#33 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 20th 2012, 12:31 PM

Beautiful, I know you don't want us to lecture you. But I'm asking you now, please will you just go to the hospital and get yourself checked over. Please. <3

Take as long as you need.

(#34 (permalink)) Old
PichiPichiHanon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 20th 2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup. View Post
Beautiful, I know you don't want us to lecture you. But I'm asking you now, please will you just go to the hospital and get yourself checked over. Please. <3
Even if I wanted to I couldn't

-Kansas

(#35 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 20th 2012, 03:51 PM

You are NOT fine. You will become very, very sick and have to go through pain for the rest of your life. You are not fine, you are ruining your life. You can go. Call 9-1-1 right now, and they will take you to the hospital. You can and will die without help. It will be a painful experience lasting the course of several months. Every second you waste is one more damaging your body. Call an ambulance now.

- Justin

Technologic

(#36 (permalink)) Old
PichiPichiHanon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 20th 2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKmadu619 View Post
You are NOT fine. You will become very, very sick and have to go through pain for the rest of your life. You are not fine, you are ruining your life. You can go. Call 9-1-1 right now, and they will take you to the hospital. You can and will die without help. It will be a painful experience lasting the course of several months. Every second you waste is one more damaging your body. Call an ambulance now.

- Justin
Omigosh I FEEL FINE NOW
I was just overreacting when I posted this

-Kansas

(#37 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 20th 2012, 09:46 PM

You might have been overreacting, but now you're under reacting!

It doesn't matter how you feel, the pills are killing you as we speak.

- Justin

Technologic

(#38 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 20th 2012, 10:01 PM

Would it be possible for you to book an appointment with your local doctor to tell them what happened as soon as possible, if you are insistent that you don't want to go to hospital? I imagine they will do a blood test to check all is okay and it is better to be safe than sorry, yeah? Even if you don't want to do it for yourself, could you do it for us to put our minds at ease? We all care about you and want you to be okay.

Take care x

You have to have the negative things in life
to be able to appreciate the positives.
TG 05/04/2013

(#39 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 20th 2012, 10:54 PM

The doctor likely won't schedule her in for a couple days though, calling 9-1-1 is the best solution to minimize damage.

- Justin

Technologic

(#40 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: NEED HELP NOW S.O.S - July 21st 2012, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKmadu619 View Post
The doctor likely won't schedule her in for a couple days though, calling 9-1-1 is the best solution to minimize damage.

- Justin
Justin does make a good point here, calling 9-1-1 would be the best choice. But because the OP does not currently want to call 911, the next best choice would be to schedule an appointment with the doctor just to double check that everything is fine. Personally, I don't think everything's fine because even though you don't feel the effects of it, it doesn't mean the pills are not taking effect on your body. At this point, even if you don't FEEL like you need help, you still do.

~Angelica

Formerly jelli1224

Closed Thread