TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Flora Offline
Goodbye.
Not a n00b

Name: Michelle

Question Rarely go a month without vomitting - July 20th 2012, 11:40 AM

I woke up this morning feeling really sick, so I went outside and poured freezing water all over myself then sat in the sun for a bit. I felt fine for about 5 minutes, then I felt really sick again. I thought it was because I was hungry, so I had a few cheerios to see if I felt better, but I threw up to the point where nothing was coming out when I gagged, it was just yellow liquid. So I had a cold shower and then tried to lie down, and I threw up again, the same as last time. I have took a paracetemol between vomitting, though I'm not sure if it's stayed down there. I can only stand up if I bend from my hips and have my upper body horizontal to the floor, if I stand upright or attempt to sit or lie down I feel sick again, and I have back pain because of it. I've also had diarrhoea, and after spitting a bit I feel a lot better. I didn't manage to eat my breakfast until 12pm and I'm holding that down so far. Everytime I throw up I get a massive hot flush, but other wise my temperature seems normal. I haven't got anything to check it though.

This happens just about every month, always between 4am and 10am. I always drink about a glass and a half of water before I go to bed, and usually I have a small biscuit because I often wake up really hungry, but last night I didn't eat anything before I slept.

I'm getting a bit concerned because of how often it happens, and it's giving me backache (because of how I have to stand), I drop loads of weight because I can't eat properly for a few days afterwards, and it has gotten to a point where I'm actually scared of feeling sick. I get a sore throat for a few days and I can't imagine it's doing my system any good. I have no idea what causes it, it just comes out of the blue. I'm wondering if it's worth going to the doctors about it, or if it's just a generla thing I have to live with.

If it helps I also get travel sick from the smell of veichles, as crazy as that sounds, and I've felt sick a lot as a child but I didn't throw up a lot of the time.

“There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.”

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: Rarely go a month without vomitting - July 20th 2012, 01:20 PM

I would suggest seeing a doctor. This could be seriouse.

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: Rarely go a month without vomitting - July 20th 2012, 03:56 PM

Hi Michelle,

Definitely see a doctor. That sounds dreadful to have to go through...and I'm sure going to a GI or physician will help you on your way to recovery.

I used to get sick after eating and found that I had a stomach ulcer. Do you think you have a gluten allergy?

Best of luck! Stay healthy.

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Flora Offline
Goodbye.
Not a n00b

Name: Michelle

Re: Rarely go a month without vomitting - July 21st 2012, 07:02 PM

Hi Kat,

My mother has had a gluten allergy for quite a few years now. I asked her about it and she says her intestines swell up, and she didn't say this, but I can often hear her throwing up on a morning. Her symtons and mine don't really match. Would her having this allergy mean I might have inherited some form of it, or do allergys not work like that?

I've told myself this a million times, but I definatly will go to the doctors if it happens again soon.

“There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.”

Closed Thread