TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
silent_love Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Michelle

Question hemroids? - July 29th 2012, 08:46 AM

Ok this is quite disturbing but really need help! I had a really itchy anus yesterday and this morning it was incredibly sore, i had truble walking and all, I finally told my mum tonight and she has a look and said I had hemroids, she said that it was really big. Im worried because when my mum was 40 she had this operation on her anus because she had hemrois, she was in so much pain for so long, I dont want that to happen to me so does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to help it go away??

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: hemroids? - July 29th 2012, 07:33 PM

There isn't anything that will make it go away other than having it professionally removed. There are three different ways to remove it, and one is by having a doctor tie a rubber band (special ones) around it to cut off circulation. This is uncomfortable, but usually not extremely painful, and after a few days to a week it will just drop off.

Or they can laser it off in surgery, which is also less painful. Or have it surgically removed, which is considered to be more painful than the others since the recovery time takes longer.

In order for it to be completely gone, you do have to have it removed one way or another. You can make it easier on yourself and less painful until you can get it removed by several ways.

Eat more fiber so you won't strain when using the restroom.
Sit in a tub with as hot as water as you can stand (without burning yourself) which will help reduce any swelling, which should also help the pain go down.
Use Preparation H cream to help itching and irritation
Use Epsom Salt in bath water to relieve it even more
Do not wear tight underwear, or thongs
Try to wear cotton underwear so it gets more air and does not stay sweaty, which can cause irritation
Keep it very clean to avoid infections

These are just a few. You should see a doctor so they can also check inside to be sure you do not have more inside. These things can get infected or be cutting off circulation to parts of the hemorrhoid, which can cause severe pain and discomfort.

The surgery usually isn't THAT bad. Nor is the recovery. But each person will differ. My mother also had one removed and had a lot of pain using the restroom for a week. But she said she was glad she had it done because it was very uncomfortable and painful with it there.

Closed Thread